News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

‘60 exhaust hanger

Started by David Greenburg, April 21, 2024, 02:37:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Greenburg

During a recent visit underneath my '60 I noticed that the exhaust pipe hanger over the rear axle on one side (the one that's way up there ) was broken. Anyone know if that is a generic hanger or one I'll need to have reproduced?
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Clewisiii

As long as you have the bracket mounted to the frame, the lower portion is straight down so you could remake it easy. But I was surprised how cheap the exhaust hanger set for my 61 was from Grant in New Zealand. He even had to custom make the hanger behind the muffler since he normally sells 59/60.
IMG_20240125_161607515.jpgIMG_20240125_161640254.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

David Greenburg

I know getting something from Grant would be an option, but just getting the one (and maybe one for the other side to keep on hand) would be pretty pricey just based on the shipping, wouldn't it?  Although I am thinking about putting resonators on, which wouuld probably require some additional hangers.
David Greenburg
'60 Eldorado Seville
'61 Fleetwood Sixty Special

Clewisiii

I know he gave me a great price. I would have paid double. I did send him $50 more then he asked I think. But a 60 with duel exhaust may be double.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Gabe Davis

I would second using Grant Owen for the exhaust hanger. When I restored the entire exhaust system on my '59 I went with him for the parts. The exhaust on the car had been completely replaced in the past and all but the two hangers up above the axle in the back had been removed.

IMG_7706.jpg

Grant's hangers are of very good quality and matched exactly the ones I had left to compare with.

IMG_7714.jpg

IMG_7715.jpg

The whole exhaust thread is here:
https://forums.cadillaclasalle.club/index.php?topic=169595.0
1959 Coupe DeVille
Rosewood with Dover White Top