News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

I normally do not ban members; the moderators look after this. But I think it is quite obvious that he is a scammer.

Stefan
This might have been a dealer installed unit but it is definitely an aftermarket one. Cadillac itself provided a complete system in a box for dealer installation that had all of the components of the factory installed system
Greg Surfas
General Discussion / Re: Ed Cholakian, 1935–2024
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Today at 02:24:24 PM
I've bought some items from him in the past.  RIP.
General Discussion / Re: Weight of '60 390/trans co...
Last post by Moody - Today at 02:18:47 PM
I've heard 900 lbs complete.
General Discussion / Re: Ed Cholakian, 1935–2024
Last post by Lexi - Today at 02:12:44 PM
Dealt with him on the phone and he was always friendly and informative with me. RIP Ed and my condolences to his family and friends. Clay/Lexi
General Discussion / Weight of '60 390/trans combo
Last post by bigoilman - Today at 02:10:19 PM
I've seen posts saying the 390 "dressed" is rougly 725 lbs.  Anyone know what the transmission weighs or the weight of the combo?

Thank you.
Restoration Corner / Re: 1951 Cadillac series62 sed...
Last post by cadillacjack - Today at 01:58:34 PM
Love the tail lights !  nice job on those.  Your going to have a real beauty.
General Discussion / Re: What's Going On Here
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Today at 01:46:47 PM
Yes I received a message from this person too. 
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1975 Order Codes
Last post by Richf1966 - Today at 12:55:04 PM
 jagbuxx #12944

That makes some sense as E would indicate Eldorado but 0741 being the 741st car sold at the dealership at that particular point of the year? If production ends in late August that would mean that they sold roughly 92 Cadillacs sold a month (92.62 units x 8 months=741). Would that sound reasonable? Is that a realistic sales number? I suppose there are lots of factors that could impact that number. Thoughts?
I wanted to provide information from the manufacturer of SKF speedi-sleeves related to tail shaft oil seal 15142. There are multiple (5) sleeve options depending on the measurements of your yoke. 99147 is an option but not in the photo they provided.

It would depend on how worn your shaft is. The 99147 will work on a shaft size from 1.496" to 1.490", and will work with the 15142 seal. If your shaft is 1.497"+ then you would want to use the 99149, or any of the four listed below. These will all work with the 15142 seal.