News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Recent posts

Want To Buy - Parts / Re: Fuel Pump
Last post by Lexi - Today at 12:53:21 AM
Quote from: houseboats1 on Yesterday at 03:58:55 PMFantastic I would take them both please!!!!!!!!!!

I will go on a hunt for it and post an image. Clay/Lexi
Hi I need help what is the correct assembly order for a 59 Cadillac Carburetor
I have a thin metal gasket and the bakelite spacer.
Which goes first from Manifold to Carburetor?
the thin metal Gasket and the Bakelita need regular gasket before and after?
Thanks
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1961 wiper arm removal
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 10:39:50 PM
Should be like any other GM of the era.  Pull out and rotate 180 degrees in the arm.
General Discussion / Re: Jay Lenos 57 Coupe
Last post by Barry M Wheeler #2189 - Yesterday at 10:19:23 PM
I noticed the "strange" color right off, and Steve, "It just don't look right." But, I also don't want you to not paint your car the color that "YOU" want it. I was going to paint my 1946 Cadillac convertible 1954 Iris Blue, so I can see where you are coming from.

(Get a quart of the Red you want and paint a fender or the trunk lid that shade. Look at it for a while and then, if you really, really, really like it, go for it.)

I just thought of something funny, with my mentioning that car. I'm pretty sure you ended up with a couple of pieces from that car a few years ago. Take care.
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1976 Sedan Deville Steerin...
Last post by bcroe - Yesterday at 10:03:29 PM
Quote from: cadillac911976 Sedan Deville Steering Gear is leaking.  I have read the removal procedure in the SM.  Questions:  Would it be easier to remove the pitman arm from the center link vs. the steering gear?  Secondly, which bolts do I remove from the rag joint?  Is the steering gear difficult to remove for a person working on his back on the floor?  Thanks!

I find it quite difficult to remove the pitman arm
from the steering gear.  There is a bolt perpendicular
to the shaft to pull, then the rag joint can be slid
back from the gear.  good luck, Bruce Roe
General Discussion / Re: Arm rest assembly 76 Devil...
Last post by Jim007 - Yesterday at 09:40:48 PM
Thanks .  Appreciate any advice on this.
Technical / Authenticity / 1976 Sedan Deville Steering Ge...
Last post by cadillac91 - Yesterday at 09:40:17 PM
1976 Sedan Deville Steering Gear is leaking.  I have read the removal procedure in the SM.  Questions:  Would it be easier to remove the pitman arm from the center link vs. the steering gear?  Secondly, which bolts do I remove from the rag joint?  Is the steering gear difficult to remove for a person working on his back on the floor?  Thanks!
If it is the same as 1972 Eldorado, then I have lots of pictures, but lets see if it is the same first before posting them.

Bruce. >:D
G'day Chris,

Welcome to the CLC Club.   I have started up a new thread for you, as sometimes we don't need to bring up matters from the grave, and your question is a different one.

Someone should come in, but I don't think it is possible to leave the water pump in place.

Bruce. >:D
Technical / Authenticity / 1961 wiper arm removal
Last post by MidModCad - Yesterday at 09:19:16 PM
Is there a way to remove wiper arms on a '61 coupe without using the special tool?  Saw a couple of youtubes where people leveraged with screwdrivers, but their cars weren't Caddys.  If not, is the tool the same commonly available one seen everywhere?  Thanks.