News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1955 62 Convert in Movie Cadillac Records

Started by Johnbezik#15976, January 06, 2010, 05:38:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Johnbezik#15976

I would like to know if the Coral colored 62 55 Convertible that was in the Cadillac Records Movie belongs to a club member???It was driven early  in the movie by a actress that was supposed to be a record promoter.Anybody know what I am talking about???

John Morris #23947

I just watched this movie. Great many nice Caddys, but movie was plumb full of Caddy bloopers. One shot said it was 1952 and a 55 Caddy drives by. Many others scenes with too new 50s Caddys. Fellows were riding around in a 55 [saw dash] outside shot shows 52 Caddy. They figured nobody would know these details but I saw a Caddy blooper every 2 minutes. Blahh!!
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Otto Skorzeny

I hate that in movies. Not just with Cadillacs but with anything else.

I remember a WWII mini series on TV that was produced by Spielberg. In one scene, a German officer is shooting a prisoner with a P-08 Luger. The gun jams or something and he starts messing with it to fix it. After he solved the problem, the pistol had magically transformed itself into a Walther P-38.

These two guns are as different from each other as a '52 Cadillac is from a '55 Cadillac.

That stuff drives me nuts! Do they not hire people to make sure the props transition smoothly from shot to shot and scene to scene?
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

John Bezik

:)fi inally got the answer...While at the winter board meeting I ran into Bob Crimmins whose 55 red Eldo was in the movie told me that the car belongs to a new jersey member,however,the car is a converted coupe with all convertible parts correctly installed..It has a cloth interior because it originally a coupe.Interesting!!

rwbordens

Johnbezik#15976

Wrote in 2010, about the coral convertible:

" :)fi inally got the answer...While at the winter board meeting I ran into Bob Crimmins whose 55 red Eldo was in the movie told me that the car belongs to a new jersey member,however,the car is a converted coupe with all convertible parts correctly installed..It has a cloth interior because it originally a coupe.Interesting!!"

This statement is incorrect.  I built the 1955 Series 62 coral convertible in the movie Cadillac Records in 1998.  A complete series 62 coral coupe was used a parts car to reconstruct an original convertible. The main coupe body (floor to trunk except cowl section, doors, fenders, hood, bumpers, trim, complete interior) was used a placed on the repaired convertible chassis along with the original convertible cowl section and top structures and functional. All of the convertible repairs were were done after the coupe body was installed on the convertible chassis (I think this resulted in the existing folklore. I used the the entire coupe cloth interior to save money.

I sold the car in 2001 and the cloth interior was replaced sometime after the movie by a vinyl interior in the style of the original cloth one.  I repurchased the coral convertible in 2014 and then installed a copper and gray leather now installed.

Photo documention is available