News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Any difference between standard and automatic antenna cable?

Started by kkarrer, April 11, 2023, 08:26:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kkarrer

Hello,
    Does anyone know if there's a difference between the antenna to radio cable when it comes to a standard,fixed antenna v.s. the automatic antenna.  Also, what years would fit?  I have a 60 Eldo. with the automatic antenna.
I might need help with sourcing one which ever one fits.
Thanks,
Ken Karrer
CenTex Reg. Dir.

Michael Petti

My 60 CDV had a fixed antenna when I got it. I installed an electric antenna. The difference in the cables is that the fixed one had the cable coming out of the bottom of the antenna and did not detach from the antenna. The electric one had a fitting with 2 screws that fits onto the side of the antenna. The end that plugs into the radio is the same on both. Hope this helps. If I can find a picture, I'll send it. Keep in mind there are two antennas for this car. One by Pioneer and the other by Tenna.

Michael Petti

I found some pictures that may make it clearer. The cable for an electric antenna, screws onto the threaded fitting which is attached to the mast by 2 small screws.  If you need an antenna cable you might call Cadillac Tim who rebuilds these and may have one or two, or know where to get one.

kkarrer

Thanks for the help!  Mine is the screw on type with the smaller motor.  I'm hoping to find that cable.  We'll see. I think it was the same as the one on my 63 and 64.
Take care,
Ken