News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1976 Eldorado - Paint for engine

Started by mike@126selfstorage.com, January 26, 2021, 04:12:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mike@126selfstorage.com

I pulled the 500CID EFI from my 1976 Eldorado as part of the restoration. I want to paint it the factory blue. I can not find the paint code. Can anyone help?

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Leary75

I recently painted mine and used KBS motor coaster.  They offered a Cadillac dark blue paint that was close to the original.   I attached a pic.  I paired it with a metallic orange for the valve covers.  I am happy with the paint, I used a foam brush, and would recommend having spares as the enamel eats through the brush quickly. 
Good luck!
- Brian
1976 Eldorado Convertible

Leary75

Also, mine was a factory Eli engine, but I changed it to a sniper TBI unit..  I have most of the engine fuel system, and a few other spares.  If you need anything, pm me, and if I have it, it’s yours

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Keep in mind the air cleaner is gold with blue stenciling on a fuel injection engine. Where to get the proper gold paint I can’t answer.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

bcroe

Quote from: Leary75Also, mine was a factory Eli engine, but I changed it to a sniper TBI unit..  I have most of the engine fuel system, and a few other spares.  If you need anything, pm me, and if I have it, it’s yours.

The precious part of an original 76 EFI is the ECU, have seen them
on Evil Bay for a K.   If it needs repair before you send it off, send
it here first.  Bruce Roe

Leary75

Quote from: bcroe on January 26, 2021, 09:26:09 PM
The precious part of an original 76 EFI is the ECU, have seen them
on Evil Bay for a K.   If it needs repair before you send it off, send
it here first.  Bruce Roe

Bruce, I have the ecu, but it would not fire the injectors when I removed it.  I will send you a message.  It was the reason I switched to the Sniper.