News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

New 1968 Eldo Air Lift Shocks.

Started by V pulley, December 14, 2007, 10:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

V pulley

Hello all,

I just installed Delco air lift shocks on my '68 ELDO, the exact same as Gabriel Hi Jackers, W/ the same stamped no. on the tubes, both hose kits the same number, made in Venezuela.  The old set were Delco Big "D" Air Shocks #504 54LR. W/ 2 08 76 code dating, red W/ the old Delco logos.  The new ones have a better ride.  While under there the horizontal shocks were stamped W/ 3192838 - pliacell.   My front steering shock is stamped  #3171099.   The cost for either lift set was $74.00 from Auto Zone or Rock Auto including shipping.   The outlet of the ALC compressor due to similar threads on either side of the regulator, can be mounted two ways.  Which end is the outlet?  Using an air chuck on one side and a gauge on the other side I found a difference in out let pressure.  I used the higher side.  Is this my imagination or what? 

Viator Trudeau

Lars Kneller 8246

The lower port is the feed line from the compressor.  The upper port is out line to the shocks.