News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Shipping Question????

Started by undertaker, May 15, 2009, 10:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Tassie Devil(le)

What, "Fruition", or "Toilet Paper"?

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

undertaker

Quote from: The Tassie Devil(le) (Bruce Reynolds) on May 17, 2009, 07:57:48 PM
What, "Fruition", or "Toilet Paper"?

He was full of crap, so I would say he used both often. ;D

Regards,
James
"Cheerio, I'd better be shoveling off." Digby "Digger" O'Dell, Your Friendly Undertaker
1954 Fleetwood 60 Special
1992 Fleetwood Limo by Eureka
1994 Fleetwood

Otto Skorzeny

fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

undertaker

Greetings all Just an Update,

Well here we go. The driver could not get his run together for several weeks. Another guy that I had talked with earlier called and said he had a driver in Billings and he could load it and be one his way here in 45 min. I called the other guy and told him, he said that that would be the quickest so let hin do it. He loaded the car and the seller headed home and called me and said that it was on the road. I was thrilled and in the midst of my joy the phone rang and the dispatcher said that the driver could not haul the car so he took it back of and left it at the dealership.......I was disgusted. He said he had another driver in the area and he would... TRY.... to get it Wednesday. Then this morning I got a call from yet another trucker who is in the area and he could get the car today and do it for $200.00 less. He lives in VA near the TN line and he is headed home for the weekend and would love to get it here for me.........anyway she is on the interstate as I am typing and she should be here Friday morning. I am just waiting to see what happens next............ And I forgot to mention the first driver, the one who unloaded and left, put the back window down for some reason and they cant get it to roll all the way back up...........Heck, I may have a 1992 Corolla by the time it gets here ;) ;).

Regards.,
James
"Cheerio, I'd better be shoveling off." Digby "Digger" O'Dell, Your Friendly Undertaker
1994 Fleetwood

The Tassie Devil(le)

Don't you just love it when things go wrong.

Hopefully it won't rain before she gets into your own capable hands.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

grinch

I know the feeling about the window, I had a driver put the parking brake on (after the car had been sitting for 20 years) and the frozen cables wouldn't allow it to disengage.  We had to drag it around for the next two days to get it on and off the truck and into the shop.  You'd think they would know better. 

And why the heck would a driver need to put the rear window down anyways?
Peter Mason CLC #24665
Charlotte, NC
1968 Deville Convertible in progress
1989 Sedan DeVille

undertaker

Quote from: grinch on May 20, 2009, 08:39:18 AM
And why the heck would a driver need to put the rear window down anyways?

I don't understand either. He may have hit the button by accident. I am trying to give him the benifit of the doubt. The guys in Montana say he nicked up the stainless behind the rear wheel on th drivers side. Said it looks like he hit it with the handle on his tie-down..... thats the story of my life. Some people can fall in a bucket of manure and come out smelling of roses, I can fall in a bed of roses and come out smelling like manure ;).

Regards,
James
1994 Fleetwood

grinch

Don't despair, some of us haven't had the luxury of falling into the roses.  I've always fallen into the manure and just ended up smelling like manure. 

Take some pictures when she gets there.
Peter Mason CLC #24665
Charlotte, NC
1989 Sedan DeVille

KANE

had similar problems myself a couple of years ago...transporting in the us is a nightmare if its cross country..... canada to the us is even worse... trust me.. someone left a window open on a caddy the other year travelling on an open train carriage in winter... ::) :D
Worst experience ever was a driver leaving the front windows open on a 1927 paige then loading it on his truck and whilst doing 70 the roof balllooned up and snapped some of the roof timbers causeing a massive ammount of damage to the roof and bodywork. The driver stopped the truck and ripped what was left off the roof off and left it at the side of the road!! ......... as you can imaging i was rather less than happy with the site that arrived on delivery day !

grinch

KANE-

That's terrible.  Did you get any recoup for the damage?  They have to retain some kind of liability insurance. 
Peter Mason CLC #24665
Charlotte, NC
1989 Sedan DeVille

Otto Skorzeny

I probably would have shot the driver. I'm serious.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

KANE

the driver was young and the job had been sold out to another transport company with no insurance..
as i am in the u.k it wasnt worth the hassle trying to sort it out...i only actually found out how bad it was about 2 weeks after it had happened  - so i  just made a note never to use the same company.

grinch

You're a better man than me.  I would not have been so civilized. 
Peter Mason CLC #24665
Charlotte, NC
1989 Sedan DeVille

KANE

heres another good (NOT!!)  one for you...

A friend drove down to one of the docks a couple of years ago to pick up a couple of cars he had imported from the states.
On arrival they saw a RO-RO ship being unloaded... the dockers were virtually jumping the cars off the ship - actually getting air when accelerating down the ramp...which really annoyed my friends father.... just as they were waiting for their shipment to be brought from the warehouse a 58 corvette came down the ramp from the RO-RO ship,
it then proceeded to do doughnuts on the tarmac disappearing in a cloud of smoke. My friends father raced over to the side of the car and got a hold of the docker driving by the scuff of the neck and ...erm... well threatened him with bodily violence. The docker panicing said "whats all the fuss about...its only a fibreglass replica anyway!"

That story made me always go down to see anything i was importing actually being unloaded...

The Tassie Devil(le)

I load, and unload my own Containers.

Stops this sort of thing happening.

1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe