News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

331 ci heads

Started by marc in antwerp, December 09, 2009, 03:57:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

marc in antwerp

Hello Cadillac fans
I'm overhauling a 331 ci for a friend and his engine got cracked heads,so when he was in Hershey this year he got 2 heads from a junkyard they visited and you can guess after he got home we tested the "new" heads and they were also cracked.So my question is this: can anyone help us to an adress or somebody who can help us out.
Great forum,Great Country,Great cars.
All help is welcome
Greetings from Antwerp,Belgium
Marc

Otto Skorzeny

Hi Marc,

People seem to sell heads and entire engines pretty regularly on ebay, this board and the Modified Cadillac forum.

Try here: http://www.modifiedcadillac.org/forum/index.php/board,1.0.html

Click on the link in my signature and you'll find a list of vendors catering to vintage Cadillacs. There are many salvage yards (some exclusivelyCadilac) listed that might have what you need.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

Jeff Maltby 4194

http://autos.yahoo.com/maintain/repairqa/engine/ques054_1.html

I had one head pinned on my 49 sedan in 86.
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

John Morris #23947

What year 331 heads? I send heads to Europe often. I have them magnafluxed here. If good, buyer pays for flux. If cracked, buyer does not pay for flux.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

Jeff Maltby 4194

$35 per head at Napa to have checked. They crack in the valve seat area as I recall ?
Jeffo 49er chapter

CLC 1985
Honda Gold Wing GL1500

John Morris #23947

I use Portland Engine Rebuilding, the finest machine shop in the Pacific Northwest. They charge me $72 a pair.
71 Olds 98 LS, 66 Fairlane 500 XL Convertible, 55 Packard Clipper Super, 58 Edsel Ranger, 72 Cheyenne Super, many 49-60 parts cars, abandoned "House Of Doom" full of 49-60 parts. Huge piles of engine parts, brackets, tin, Hydramatic & Jetaway parts,  thousands of stainless moldings, dozens of perfect sedan doors.

J. Friedman

Otto,

Great list and a great service to CLCers.

Jay

Otto Skorzeny

Thanks Jay. I'm glad you find it useful. Nobody should have to re-invent the wheel every time he needs to get something for his car.

I'm about to add a few more vendors to the list including a sunvisor restoration place, a carburetor parts source and some others.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

cad1949 convertible

Hello I have a frend howe have cylinder heads restored or un restored heads in Sweden!
regards Johan Karlsson Sweden.
cad1949@telia.com
Johan Karlsson (cad1949 convertible)

Marc V8

thanks for all the help already
But can anybody tell me the difference in the heads or maybe a link so i can work out if we have the wright engine

william bradley

Quote from: Marc V8 on December 16, 2009, 03:57:46 AM
thanks for all the help already
But can anybody tell me the difference in the heads or maybe a link so i can work out if we have the wright engine
what year is the engine?????????
what year and casting number are the heads?
william

Marc V8

William
the only nr i've found is 459736-7 and 8-20
Marc