News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Cadillac series 6200 convertable for sale

Started by alldoug, April 25, 2013, 10:15:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

52Cadillac

Good deal Jim. Don't forget to bring her to Boston this year.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org
(Helping combat injured Marines)

INTMD8

Mike,

If I can get it running and driving (my next step), you can count on it!  :-)

I'm really looking forward to that possibility since my Brougham is so far away from completion.

-Jim

bongo7777

Hi,
Please email your number to machines@macval.com.au and I will call,
Thanks,
Graham.
Graham Waddingham.
1941 Cadillac Sedanette, 1942 Sedanette, 1955 Fleetwood, 1955 Meteor Hearse,
1956 Sedan DeVille, 1956 Fleetwood 75, 1956 Eldorado,
1957 Fleetwood, 1957 Eldorado, 1958 Fleetwood 75 series, 1959 75 Limousine, 1960 Flat Top, 1960 Limousine, 1960 Fleetwood, 1960 convertible. 1953 Cadillac 75 Imperial Derham, 1949 Cadillac Imperial,

52Cadillac

Quote from: INTMD8 on April 28, 2013, 11:55:35 AM
Mike,

If I can get it running and driving (my next step), you can count on it!  :-)

I'm really looking forward to that possibility since my Brougham is so far away from completion.
-Jim

Jim, It should be no problem. Only 20 years since last run. Hehe.
Seriously we(I) would love to see that car. Make your reservations now. Cancel if ya can't make it.
We plan on driving our 52 convertible driver. I've more work to do, but Mack will make it no problem.
SemperFiFund.org

imf222

Jim
I offer you 25000 for this convertible

Ron Wesselink

Netherlands
text me on 0031653157430

Ron Wesselink Netherlands Europe

1953 Sedan de Ville
1958 Eldorado Seville
1959  Fleetwood
1959. Fleetwood 60s
1959 serie 62 convertible
1959 coupe de ville
1960  convertible
1960 serie 75 limo

52Cadillac

SemperFiFund.org

imf222

1953 Sedan de Ville
1958 Eldorado Seville
1959  Fleetwood
1959. Fleetwood 60s
1959 coupe de ville
1960  convertible
1960 serie 75 limo

52Cadillac

Maybe the buyer would entertain a 60,000 usd offer. Hehe
Ron it's been bought by another member. He has it in the restoration section of this forum. As far as I know it's not for sale.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

INTMD8

imf222

He wants 35000 for it .... I can buy a nice one here in Europe for 50 No go here..... 

1953 Sedan de Ville
1958 Eldorado Seville
1959  Fleetwood
1959. Fleetwood 60s
1959 coupe de ville
1960  convertible
1960 serie 75 limo

badgirl1

52Cadillac

SemperFiFund.org

The Tassie Devil(le)

Notice that this car has an AC dash, but not the AC Radiator.

Sounds like a lot of the Eldorado stuff is missing from the engine bay.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

52Cadillac

It just amazes me what stuff  can sell for on eBay.
Mike
SemperFiFund.org

INTMD8

Quote from: 52Cadillac on July 10, 2013, 07:37:27 AM

Wow. That project sold for 39K.
Mike

Do you think that's way off the mark? I was expecting mid 30's being an Eldorado.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It seems that everybody vastly underestimates the amount of money it will need to bring x car back to snuff- to say nothing of the months or years of mental turmoil and aggravation whilst having your money tied up in a lengthy project that won't even provide any enjoyment until finished. Not to mention the gazillion unknowns- every one of which increases risk.

My father's favorite quote: "A junkyard Corvette costs more than a new one on the showroom floor"

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

INTMD8

I understand your point of view but I think others are in the same position as me in that they want a particular car but can't afford to pay for a restored one all in one lump sum.

I'm not in the position to buy a restored Brougham for 150+++K or a 100K convertible  but I can buy projects and build them over the years.

Sure they don't run at the moment but walking out into the garage and seeing them and working on them is at most times enjoyable. Just knowing I have them is enjoyable.

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

-
Quote from: INTMD8 on July 10, 2013, 02:26:08 PM
I understand your point of view but I think others are in the same position as me in that they want a particular car but can't afford to pay for a restored one all in one lump sum.

I'm not in the position to buy a restored Brougham for 150+++K or a 100K convertible  but I can buy projects and build them over the years.

Sure they don't run at the moment but walking out into the garage and seeing them and working on them is at most times enjoyable. Just knowing I have them is enjoyable.

True enough and after seeing the first rate work you've done to your Eldorado Brougham, there's little question as to the level of your skills, discipline and expertise to tackle a major restoration with such aptitude.

However I've seen firsthand- and on innumerable occasions- the situation in which someone buys a car, just to get the first rush- only to all end in tears after the expenditure of tens of thousands- car still apart- with wives threatening divorce and everything else only to sacrifice the lot for 10-20 cents on the dollar-  years later and after countless man hours- when all they had to do was to save their pennies and defer their pleasure to a later date and buy the right one with cash in the first place- and for far less money than total cost of the project.

There are no shortcuts in this game. You're going to pay one way or the other- no matter how you slice it or spread it out. And the path that appears most economical- is far more often the most expensive. That has been my experience at any rate.

I've been doing it this way for the last 25 years and over that time have enjoyed countless exquisite examples of Cadillac- without ever losing a nickel.

My 2 cents.

A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

INTMD8

Thanks for the kind words. It does depend on your personal ability and connections as well.

I can do a fair amount of work myself and for everything else I would prefer not to do (such as engine machining and painting) I know enough people to get it done at a reasonable cost.

You're right though that buying the best car you can will save you money in the long run, especially if you had to pay someone to do all the work on a resto.

Need to have enough self control to save large amounts of money however and I am not very good at that.

As for the car I bought from this thread, should only be into it for around 23k once running and driving so I think it will be some good fun to cruise as-is until I decide to restore it. (Which will be several years down the road when I finish the Brougham)

n2caddies

For me I've never bought these cars thinking about what they will be worth some day. It the thrill of the hunt. The swap meets, meeting other like minded enthusiasts, fixing this polishing that, etc. Its almost a let down when one is finished other than routine maintenance like the end of a nice vacation. I can't put a money value on the hours spent having fun.
Randy
Randy George CLC# 26143
1959 Series 62 Convertible
1960 Series 62 Convertible
1964 Deville Convertible
2015 SRX