News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1977 and 1978 Steering wheel horn bezel restoration.

Started by Davidinhartford, December 11, 2013, 09:22:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

It is being reproduced but the woodgrain is not the same, unfortunately.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

The grain may not be spot on but if somebody really needed one...  Never thought those would be reproduced.  Would be nice if someone would make a kit for the woodgrain on the rim of the wheels. 
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

Don't get me wrong - it's a zillion times better than nothing at all and it's an absolute godsend for owners of 77-78 with cracked steering wheel appliques - which by now has to be nearly all of them.

It's just a shame after going through all the trouble to reproduce the thing they didn't do a better job duplicating the woodgrain style which was only used on the same 2 years applicable to the part itself - 1977 & 1978.

The grain of the repro piece looks 1986-1989 RWD to my eyes.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

Walter Youshock

I totally agree.  If you're going to reproduce them, make them RIGHT.  What will end up happening is EVERY car but yours will have the new one and YOUR car will be the "wrong" one.  You know how I feel about gold-plated V's and scripts that should be anodized!

CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham