News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

73 Eldorado convert(s) parts or possible project cars Minneapolis area

Started by TJ Hopland, June 09, 2014, 09:43:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TJ Hopland

I have a couple of 73 Eldo converts I bought several years ago.   One was pretty rough and no title so the idea there was parts.   The other I was going to drive but I never quite got around to doing anything with it.   They are both being stored outside so their condition is not getting any better.   I think I still want to keep one for parts but I was thinking I would see if anyone was interested in either of the cars.   

Both cars are fairly complete.  I got both started yesterday for a few minutes so overall both engines seem decent.  Going to go back soon with some fresh gas and other minor bits and see if I can get them both to move.  I have not really had a good look at either one in several years so a lot could have changed or I could have forgot a lot of the details.

The rough one is white and has some rust and holes in the top so the interior (green and white) is pretty bad.   I drove it to where it is parked about 5 years ago.   This one has the track master and i think security options.   Has several electrical glitches so I never saw the top mechanism work.   Windows did work, didn't try them yesterday.

The decent one is also white and had a newer black top but had a small hole in it from a tree branch.  Interior is a tan brown and was in alright condition when I got it but I didn't take a lot of time to look close at it yesterday.   It currently does not have working brakes.  It had some rust but i don't remember thinking it was that bad.   I remember the paint looking decent but at the moment its got some of that green moss like stuff on it.  I didn't take the time to see if that stuff cleans off or not.  When I bought it I don't think it would have taken much to make it a decent driver.  Top mechanism did work.  Passenger window motor is missing.

Just throwing it out there to see if anyone in the area is interested in either of them.   Figure there may be someone close by that has a lot of missing or damaged parts and one of these would be just the thing to get them back on the road.   I'm not sure how much I would want for either one of em.   If either sounds interesting to you send me a message and we can chat.    I'm in the twin cities and the cars are currently up in the St Cloud area. 
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

waterzap

Leesburg, AL

TJ Hopland

The nicer one was a brown tan combo.     The crappy one was green dash and white seats and carpet.    I also have a 75 hard top.  That had a really nice black interior but I lost my indoor storage and its been outside for a couple years now so I'm guessing its not quite as nice anymore.   Its at a different place than the two converts. 

Catiska

Do you have a upper door jamb switch (seat back release switch)?? Mine need one...

TJ Hopland

At the moment I am not really interested in selling anything part by part but I would consider offers on complete car(s).