News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Who Sells The Best Jetway Rebuild Kit? 1962 Fleetwood

Started by Coupe Deville, October 13, 2014, 03:06:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coupe Deville

Hello everyone. I am looking to pick up a rebuild kit for my friends 62' Fleetwood. Who has the best kit? I have already talked to Fatsco, they seem to have a good kit and their prices aren't bad either. I have also looked at Autotrans, their kit looks good too. Just hoping to get some second opinions from those of you that have bought rebuild kits before for your transmission. 

Thank you

-Gavin 
-Gavin Myers CLC Member #27431
"The 59' Cadillac says more about America than a whole trunk full of history books, It was the American Dream"

Walter Youshock

I've dealt with both FATSCO and Northwest.   Pleased with both companies.   FATSCO also had the sprags I needed.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham

Roger Zimmermann

A friend of mine bought a kit from Fatsco. He had problem with the 4 th. gear getting out. The culprit was a metal seal located on the cover from the front oil pump. The section was too small, avoiding the front unit coupling to get the oil. Lloyd from Fatsco was very helpful to search for a solution but he did not found the real cause. On another kit from the same supplier, the seal was correct. If you buy a kit from Fatsco, compare the old seals with the new ones to avoid this annoying situation.
Autotrans has not such smsall problems.
1956 Sedan de Ville (sold)
1956 Eldorado Biarritz
1957 Eldorado Brougham (sold)
1972 Coupe de Ville
2011 DTS
CLCMRC benefactor #101

Doug Houston

I wouldn't sic anyone on my favorite transmission rebuilder, because he gets cold feet, just to hear the word. The "Controlled Coupling Hydra-Matic" or Jetaway. It's a bad word in many places!

I have one in a '56.

My guy gets most of his stuff from Gordon Automotive.n Pontiac, Michigan. I do know that they have some parts for the 1947-55 transmissions, and possibly they could have the kits you are talking about. I've been there, and was overwhelmed by the parts stock they have.
38-6019S
38-9039
39-9057B
41-6227D
41-6019SF
41-6229D
41-6267D
56-6267
70-DeV Conv
41-Chev 41-1167
41 Olds 41-3929