News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

Mecum LA 57 Eldorado Brougham

Started by Raccoon Branch, February 25, 2018, 01:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raccoon Branch

The auction lot was S104.1 Had a bid $110K. Did not sell.  It is No 153.  VIN 5770102517.
Does anyone know anything about this car? From the write up and pictures seemed like a nice driver grade car.
But do not have the experience to make a judgement.

I am new to the forum. Never owned a vintage Cadillac but giving it some thought.

Thanks.     Larry Anderson
                205/383-5276
                landerson12148@gmai.com

BJM

Hi Larry
Welcome to the forum and the Cadillac LaSalle Club.  I hope you are a member or will consider joining. 

I am no Brougham expert and will never have the money to buy one, so I will live vicariously through other members.   There are guys on here who can answer your questions, so hold tight. 

Also, I kind of cracked a smile at "vintage Cadillac".  That means different things to different members. 

johnregrus

That car came from the Niel DeAtley collection in Scottsdale, Arizona. Niel died last fall and the family is or has sold most of his 110+ car collection.

The car in question is not an all original Brougham. It was built for Niel using some later items (fuel injection etc.) as a nice driver.

William, the fellow who built the car for Niel is a member of this forum. His username is V63. He is still involved selling this car on behalf of the new owner.

He was at and represented the car at the California auction you attended. I have his contact info but don't want to publish it on an open forum. Contact me privately if you can't find him. 

The car is now owned by a Minnesota collector (who winters in Scottsdale) that purchased I believe twelve of Neils cars from the family including 2-3 other Broughams with the intention of reselling some of them. The car is currently back in Arizona.
1958 Series 62
1956 Eldorado Biarritz

Raccoon Branch

John,  Thank you for the reply. Very interesting. Just what I was looking for.  One of the things that attracted me to the car was the driver enhancements like fuel injection. We enjoy shows and owner events.  But like to drive rather than trailer.  The cars we own have all been brought to a drive anywhere anytime condition.

I would like to make contact with the buyers representative.  He is welcome to contact me using the info in my initial post.
Or if you would like to use that info to text or email me I will make the contact.  I will keep anything supplied in confidence.

Thanks again. 
By the way I am located in Alabama.

V63

Thank you John, I have communicated with Larry. Here are some images for those curious of the subject matter!