News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1940 LaSalle Series 52 Coupe - Custom Restomod

Started by techlord, April 18, 2018, 11:38:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

techlord

When my father passed in late 2016, we found he had many project cars. 

Dad really loved the LaSalle, the decision was made to scrap every project and focus ONLY on the LaSalle.  The budget isn't what is required to do an original restoration, I decided to finish the LaSalle using any and all parts accumulated for the many project cars he had...55 Chevy was a POS and not feasible to restore but had an ungodly amount of new/used parts.  While many will have issues with decisions & direction I am going, understand that I am trying to finish something my father really wanted completed.  Finally, I don't want it to be a garage queen, it will be unique and driven. 

True Custom Frankenstein Restomod in the works and pictures will come soon!

Picture 1 - This is the look I am shooting for!  Cutting the drip rails off as this is written, NOT chopping top (not enough $$$) & will not have bumpers, door or trunk handles, etc... all available if interested (will be a while until I have it available for pics/sale).  Rear tails will be custom and looking to match the look of the front as in lens with metal bezel surround. 

Picture 2 & 3 - What she looked like the first day I saw her:

Picture 4 & 5
- 1968 - 72 Chevy Nova Front end has been grafted in to take the Chevy 454

Picture 6 - 55 Chevy dash made to fit -  Dad had so much money in gauges, dash parts, aftermarket high end AC, we had to find a way to use it.  SO WE DID!!!

Probably go with some meat in the rear since you won't really see the wheels and something similar to the picture of what I'm shooting for.

I'll post up as she moves along with the restoration, the drive is long to get pictures so please be patient.  Plan to stick with the Same Dark Blue with Metallic...not decided on the interior but thinking some sort of dark saddle/tan.
Attached pictures as requested, in order as above...
Cheers

Rick Vallee

amolnayak

Can’t see the photos on photobucket. Why don’t you upload them to the forum itself. Would be interested in any trims and fittings that you don’t use. I am restoring a 1940 Lasalle 52 myself
1940 Lasalle 5227C
1956 Mercedes Benz 180D
1956 Fiat 1100 103E
1961 Rover P5 (now sold)
1992 Eunos Roadster V series special

techlord

Got more pics of her progress...Cut off rain rails, changed tails, customized body work to weld seams, get rid of the only angle on the car which is the point of the door (can see where we rounded it off).  It was around this point we realized all the paint had to come off, so we took her down to bare metal and you can see at epoxy stage before getting the body right.  More to come on next visit.
Rick Vallee

techlord

Quote from: amolnayak on April 18, 2018, 01:55:17 PM
Can’t see the photos on photobucket. Why don’t you upload them to the forum itself. Would be interested in any trims and fittings that you don’t use. I am restoring a 1940 Lasalle 52 myself

I'd post up whatever it is you're looking for and I will check to see if we still got it.  I know we're not using bumpers or anything from the dash cause we cut it out and fitted a 55 chevy coupe dash cause we had too many new parts and killer under dash AC so it made sense to make that work.
Rick Vallee

tripwire

Rick,
You might check out https://www.modifiedcadillac.org/forum/ if you haven't found it yet.
Those guys are into cars like yours.

Wes in VT
Driving now:
2023 XT4 Luxury
1940 LaSalle 5229 C4D

A few I used to drive:
1976 Cadillac Ambulance
1969 Cadillac Hearse, Superior Body
1966 Buick Wildcat Hearse
1957 Ford Thunderbird x 3, 1 E code, 2 D code
1956 Oldsmobile Rocket 88 Sedan
1949 Mercury Convertible