News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

I finally found my 1960 Seville

Started by 60eldo, July 13, 2019, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

76eldo

Jon,

I may have a few extra quarter molding pieces and other stuff. When you get the car I guess you will start making a list of what you need.
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

Yes Brian and maybe some interior mostly back panels.  Thanks
Jon. Kluczynski

76eldo

I know I don’t have any spare interior items other than the stainless moldings on the door panels.
I bought a load of stuff from a guy a few years ago and there were some nice quarter moldings and a few other odds and ends.

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jon,
Why is it taking so long to get delivered??
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

60eldo

The Title is not in the name of the guy I bought it from. So that takes 30 days, then when the shippers get the title, then they can book it which takes 3-4 weeks. This is crazy. I want it like yesterday. Here in Canada we walk in to drivers office to change title and its done in 5 min. whats going on down there?
Jon. Kluczynski

60eldo

So my car is finally here and will be delivered Monday. This is going to be the longest 3 days of my life. Small problem though. There were 4 eldo hub caps on the front seat of the car when I bot it on ebay. Now the guy says he kept them and didnt send them with the car cause they dont fit.
Jon. Kluczynski

76eldo

If they were decent caps this guy ripped you off for over $2000.
You can’t do deals like this without local support. 

You also need to write up a contract/bill of sale spelling out everything g that’s included. This guy is a A Hole.
What if you only gave him $10,000 instead of $12,000.
I’d complain to eBay or PayPal if that’s how you paid some of it. Won’t do any good but it will give him some aggravation.

Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Jon,
Why didn't you & a buddy jump in a pickem up truck & trailer & get that car in the first place?? Why did it have to be in his name?? Who made that rule? Those truckers run 24/ 7  Tell the SOB to deliver it tonite!! They never had any trouble delivering cars to me at midnite. My deliveries were ALWAYS last & after dark.
Bob

Mike Baillargeon #15848

They're ruff but..... i bet they fit......

Mike
Mike
Baillargeon

gouldsom

They are the right caps, Id be making a big fuss over that. Unless specified in the auction, all items shown are presumed to go with the car, and correct Eldo caps are part of the car.

rwchatham CLC 21892

Rough looking caps but still worth 500 bucks or so , tell him to ship you the caps .
R. Waligora

76eldo

Actually from what you can see if those caps they look good. The top one got dropped but can be straightened. The seller probably found out that the caps are worth $$$ and decided to sell them to someone else and pick up some more money.

Always specify what loose parts go with the car especially on something getting shipped like this. Live and learn. Unfortunately you can’t depend on people doing the right thing. The seller is a dishonest person.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

So lesson learned. Deposit required at time of sale was 100.00. I was so excited that I paid him the full amount right away $12000,,,now hes in the drivers seat, not me. BIG MISTAKE> I called him and he said he will send me the caps GREAT. Now the car is here int Toronto  1 hour away from me. I m thinking of driving there ,,,and they are closed til monday 8am just to see if I can peak over the fence to see her. Im I Insane???????????????????
Jon. Kluczynski

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: 60eldo on August 24, 2019, 09:11:29 PM
   ,,,and they are closed til monday 8am just to see if I can peak over the fence to see her. Im I Insane??????????????????? 
No, just another expectant father.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

gouldsom

I'm glad you got the hubcaps sorted out. They were in the car and are part of the car.
Its gonna cost enough without having to buy extra caps. I was very lucky to buy 5 nos in boxes 20 + years ago, from All Cads of the 40s for 250 each. Yes I still have them and they are still in the boxes, I cant bear to put them on a wheel. I am just starting on my 59 Biarritz, but have  spent most of my wages on nos parts for years. I wonder how guys starting restorations now are gonna find nos parts now, they really started to dry up about 5 years ago, although I have still had some good scores. Even I just got in on the tail end of the golden  nos era, but got stuff I still marvel over.
The guys doing the bodywork on my car are completely disassembling EVERY panel. What has frightened me a bit is the rust that was in the seams , and it wasn't as rusty as your car, but still bad in places.
I have read all the posts on this subject and can see all points of view. My advise is follow your dream and just steadily chip away at it. One day you will look back on how far you have come, and be amazed. If you get discouraged, walk away for awhile, digest it and come back fresh. Sure it will cost more than buying a finished one, BUT it will be done how you want it, and your can't put a price on personal satisfaction.

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Quote from: 60eldo on August 24, 2019, 09:11:29 PM
   So lesson learned. Deposit required at time of sale was 100.00. I was so excited that I paid him the full amount right away $12000,,,now hes in the drivers seat, not me. BIG MISTAKE> I called him and he said he will send me the caps GREAT. Now the car is here int Toronto  1 hour away from me. I m thinking of driving there ,,,and they are closed til monday 8am just to see if I can peak over the fence to see her. Im I Insane???????????????????
What kind of trucking companies are open 8 to 5 on weekdays & closed on weekends?? Who arranged that shipping company??

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 on August 24, 2019, 10:58:02 PM
What kind of trucking companies are open 8 to 5 on weekdays & closed on weekends??   
99% of those in Australia.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

76eldo

Hopefully you won't have any more surprises.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa

1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

60eldo

Car will be delivered to my house in 1hr and 27.3 seconds. Cant wait.
Jon. Kluczynski

Big Fins

A half hour to go, depending on the forum time clock.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille