News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

68 Deville Convertible steering column

Started by Alluvial, February 14, 2024, 04:12:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alluvial

Hi All

My recent purchase 68 Deville convertible has an aftermarket steering column and because of that my footbrake doesn't automatically release when put into drive or reverse, also the neutral safety switch is not working.

Any suggestions for the best way forward to fix this?

Or should I just buy another steering column?

Thanks in advance

Mick

billyoung

You need to purchase another 1968 Steering Column for your car. They are different between the Eldorado and the standard models. I would get a Non Tilt and Telescope one as the turn indicator switch for the T&T column's are not available but replacements for the non ones are about $60 bucks and are easy to get.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.