News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

POLL: What's the newest Cadillac you own or have owned?

Started by TJ Hopland, April 18, 2024, 09:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What is the newest Cadillac you own or have owned?

2020-2029
2 (5%)
2010-2019
13 (32.5%)
2000-2009
5 (12.5%)
1990-1999
4 (10%)
1980-1989
2 (5%)
1970-1979
6 (15%)
1960-1969
6 (15%)
1950-1959
2 (5%)
1940-1949
0 (0%)
1930-1939
0 (0%)
1929 or older
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 40

TJ Hopland

Just curious to see how new of a Cadillac or Laslle the active forum users own or have owned. No firm rules lease can count, Escalade counts.  You can change your vote if you get a newer one at some point and the thread and forum still exists at that time. 

I'm not trying to lump the early cars together its just the forum only gives you 11 options so I had to lump some together.   
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

billyoung

I own a 1968 DeVille Convertible and my Wife drives a 1992 Brougham. The Brougham's were the end of Cadillac for me personally I don't care for the shorter smaller cars that lack length, weight, bench front seats and full size trunk. The new Cadillac's to me are of no more interest than a Kia. One Mans Opinion.
Age 69, Living in Gods waiting room ( Florida ) Owned over 40 Old Cadillac's from 1955's to 1990 Brougham's. Currently own a 1968 Cadillac DeVille Convertible and a 1992 Cadillac 5.7 Brougham.

Big Fins

Make that 2 persons opinions, Bill. I had that one '77 FWB and it lasted about 6 months. It was a pig for power and no room for a long legged person.

I love the humpless flooring of my Eldorado. Set the cruise and stretch out. That, is what driving a Cadillac is all about. 
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

James Landi

This could be a very relevant survey...as the membership ownership lists do not, by their very nature, ask that highly relevant question "the newest."  Serving the needs of those members with older, non-computer laden cars who ALSO OWN Cadillacs with quirky computers might uncover a need that should be assessed.  James

TJ Hopland

Ya I was very curious.  Too bad we don't have historical data like this to look at.  I'm guessing there are going to be very few after 96 when most would say without question the last land yacht was produced and that is getting close to 30 years ago now. Lots of formerly loyal Cadillac buyers that have not even considered buying a new one in 30 years. 

44 views and 14 votes, looks like another stat that will be coming out of this survey.  You don't have to reply, you can just click to vote.

MultipleCaddies

Newest is my 1976 Coupe deVille, oldest was a 1961 series 62 convertible. My favorite was my '70 deVille convertible. Easily the best driving convertible I've ever driven. Still looking for another one.

76Caddy

My newest is the 2019 XT5, and I love it.  My favorite out of all the ones I have had is the 1976 Brougham.

Tim 
Tim Plummer
CLC #18948
1967 Eldorado
1976 Brougham
1976 Seville
2019 XT5
1969 Chevy c/10 pickup
1971 Chevy Impala

dn010

My "newest" was a 65 four door I picked up in Bisbee Arizona. The previous owner was kind enough to leave a voodoo doll in the back seat for me to find, but that is a whole other story on it's own.
-----Dan Benedek
'57 Cadillac Sedan Deville 6239DX
'81 DMC DeLorean

TJ Hopland

136 views and 26 votes?  So 110 people have not ever owned any Cadillac?  Strange stat if its true but I suspect its not.

Even though the sample size is pretty small it does look like there is a decent number of people that have been exposed to a fairly new model.  I wonder what this survey would have looked like say 20 or 30 years ago?

Clewisiii

I would buy an electric Lyriq if I could afford it. But I even have criticism of that car. Nothing is perfect.

I always thought it was funny that people complain about plastic in new cars, when the classic cars interior panels are literally made of cardboard.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

TJ Hopland

Is there any data comparing the average cost of a new Cadillac today vs older times with inflation and all?  I'm wondering over time if they have got more or less expensive? 

64\/54Cadillacking

The newest Caddy for me was my 94 Fleetwood Brougham. I never did consider it a "real" Cadillac. On the other hand, my 89 Brougham definitely was though.

I also tend to agree that the last of great traditional looking Cadillacs with that old school build quality when things were still screwed and bolted down, not with plastic clips, with nice chrome trim everywhere with little emblems and scripts was the 92 Brougham.

Don't like the modern new stuff at all, and I also feel like the interiors of a lot newer vehicles have poor fit n finish. I just rented a 2022 Chevy Traverse and the interior quality in that car was ungodly cheap and flimsy. Lots of loose fitted trim that can easily be flexed with a slight pull or tug with your fingers. This wasn't an issue on the vintage stuff.

Sure it was a Chevy, what do you expect, it's still a GM vehicle, and I believe the Cadillac XT6 is based on the same platform with the same raspy noisy V6 under the hood built in the same factory.
Currently Rides:
1964 Sedan Deville
1954 Cadillac Fleetwood 60 Special
1979 Lincoln Mark V Cartier Designer Series
2007 Lexus LS 460L (extended wheelbase edition)

Previous Rides:
1987 Brougham D' Elegance
1994 Fleetwood Bro
1972 Sedan Deville
1968 Coupe Deville
1961 Lincoln Continental
1993 Lincoln Town Car Signature Series
1978 Lincoln Continental ( R.I.P.) 1978-2024 😞

Lexi

jwwseville60

After that the styling loses me.
I do like Caddy's that are newer, but Im living in the past
and loving it.

Although I did enjoy my Dad's 1995 Seville very much.
1960 Eldorado Seville, Copper, "IKE"
1961 CDV, gold, "Goldfinger"
1964 Eldorado, Turquoise, "Billy the Squid"
1963 De Ville Station Wagon Vista roof, silver blue, "Race Bannon"
1963 Fleetwood 60S, turquoise, "The Miami Special"
1959 Sedan Deville flat top, tan, "Jupiter-2"
1947 Caddy Sedanette 62, black, "Johnny Cash"
1970 ASC Fleetwood wagon, dark blue, "Iron Maiden"
Lifetime CLC

scotth3886

I had five new ones from a 93 and 95 STS, 97 Concours and a 2000 and 2002 DTS.  This was before most of us knew about the Northstar issues of which I had none except a crank sensor on my 97.  I drag raced all of them and ran the Nevada Silver State open road race in my 97.  I had little to complain about. 

V63

I am rather impressed with the 2006-11 DTS.

They are a great value given the needed improvements of prior persistent northstar issues. Impressive performance.

Wonderful frigid air conditioning, awesome volume of discharge, cooled seating.

Excellent interior trimming, stitching,  materials,  fit and finish.

I can not say I am impressed with magnastrut system Or the durability of the hydraulic motor mounts.