News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

What size tire would be the current replacement for the 9.00x15?

Started by Floyd, March 17, 2005, 02:21:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Floyd

I have a 68’ DeVille Convertible that has BF Goodrich bias ply 9.00x15’s on it.  Nice tires for shows but I’d like to pick up some radials for longer trips.  I recall someone on the board awhile back saying they had 235/75/R15 tires on their 68’.  Would this be the right size for my Cadillac?

Cordovan Tires have a good looking tire in this size in their Custom 428 series with a ¾” side wall.  The Broadway Classic tires are nice also but have a side wall of 1.30 which I believe is too wide for my 68’.  Any thoughts on Cordovan tires?

Thanks for your time

Lynn 10923

Ive always seen the 235x75x15 used on this era of Cadillac. And this is what Stampies chart shows also. I can tell you that the speedometer is accurate with this size.

Where are you seeing the Broadway Classics with the 1.3 inch WW? Actually, I think that would look nice on a 68. I like them a little wider than the 3/4 inch.

Lynn