News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1942 Cadillac grille or vertical bars.

Started by gary griffin, December 04, 2014, 06:08:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gary griffin

I have lost 5 of my vertical bars for my 1942 restoration. I sent them to California and the chrome shop sent me my grille and 6 of the verticals peeled when I was assembling the grille. Two months ago he had me send them back to his shop and now he will not even answer my calls.

If anybody has a parts grille I would love to buy the following counting from the passenger side.

Vertical bars 3, 5, 10, 11, 13, and 14.

I would also be in the market for a whole grille to fix today's problem and have a spare in case of an accident in the future.

There is a grille on eBay in Detroit and the seller will not ship. If anybody could help me by picking it up and taking it to Fedex or even UPS I would be thankful and even in a rewarding mood.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver

C.R. Patton II

Hello Gary

Glad to read you are improving your Cadillac.

Please call me with instructions.  You own a LaSalle I would be happy to do it gratis.
All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

gary griffin

I have to thank Chuck Patton.  I purchased a grille on eBay this morning at 6:30 and the seller would not ship.

Chuck had it at Fedex on the way to my place in Seattle around noon.

Thank You Chuck and all of the other members who have been helping me on this long but rewarding car restoration experience.
Gary Griffin

1940 LaSalle 5029 4 door convertible sedan
1942 Cadillac 6719 restoration almost complete?
1957 Cadillac 60-special (Needs a little TLC)
2013 Cadillac XTS daily driver