News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1959 CDV Trunk Lid Bar Clips HELP!!

Started by XGLEGAL, February 16, 2009, 06:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

XGLEGAL

I am looking for suggestions on the retaining clips for the S/S trunklid bar for the 1959....  many of these go missing or are rusted out. 
  Any vendors selling repros of these or what is a solution?  I am sure some of you have already dealt with this problem.
  Many thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!!
Xavier A. Gutierrez, Esq.  CLC # 24068
1957 Ser. 62 Conv.
1957 Eldo Biarritz
1957 CDV
1961 Ser. 62 Conv.

59_limo

ve you checked w/ Ed at
www.allcads.com
Chuck Stoops aka 59_limo

XGLEGAL

Yes, I checked with them and they couldn't help either.  Still looking for suggestions... Thanks for your response.
Xavier A. Gutierrez, Esq.  CLC # 24068
1957 Ser. 62 Conv.
1957 Eldo Biarritz
1957 CDV
1961 Ser. 62 Conv.

homeonprunehill

Quote from: XGLEGAL on February 16, 2009, 06:42:56 PM
I am looking for suggestions on the retaining clips for the S/S trunklid bar for the 1959....  many of these go missing or are rusted out. 
  Any vendors selling repros of these or what is a solution?  I am sure some of you have already dealt with this problem.
  Many thanks in advance for any tips or suggestions!!
02-28-09
xglegal;
Try putting into "google" OR whatever your favorite search engine happens to be,"AUVECO CATALOG and see if you can find the clip. Also, you will probably have to go to the local hardware store to order them. who knows, the local hardware may have them in stock, Take a sample with you.good luck,Jim
USED,ABUSED AND MISUSED CADILLACS AND LA SALLES

Walter Youshock

Where are you from?  Can you get to a large show like Carlisle, Hershey or Iola?

In the event you can't find the exact fastener, there may be a replacement that will fit the piece.

Check with Restoration Supply Co. of Windber, PA.  They may have something to match up.
CLC #11959 (Life)
1957 Coupe deVille
1991 Brougham