News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Flea market find .

Started by 1937 LaSalle coupe, September 24, 2017, 03:48:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1937 LaSalle coupe

Hello everyone. Went to the Tiffin, Ohio flea market Saturday. A guy had a case of red taillights that were all cleaned up. No prices on anything. I told I would like to see a particular one. Nice and no chips. The guy asked me if I had been looking for that one for a long time ?  Had to say yes. I asked him how much he wanted and paid his price. He was happy and so was I. That was the best $5.00 I had ever spent. Yes that was five dollars... For a 1937 Cadillac... Once in a life time deal... John C. Lehman... CLC # 26365... Anyone else have good flea market finds ???

Barry M Wheeler #2189

John, To make you even happier, we just got home from the Fall Festival at our museum, and they had seven LaSalles displayed, including a nice (trailered) 1937 Sedan. Very nice show, had lots of pretty cars. The (original) bright blue 1934 LaSalle showed up again. We had cars from GA, FL, and all points in between. It was great to see old friends and make some new ones.

Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Tom Boehm

My best swap meet find was at the Street Rod Nationals in Louisville. This was about 10 years ago. I bought a pair of NOS windshield wiper transmissions for my 1940 Lasalle. I think I paid $60 for the pair. That was an amazing find among what seemed like acres of rusty flathead Ford sheetmetal.

Barry M Wheeler #2189

Bob, our Regional Director, Warner Young has a 1940 5219 sedan. Keep an eye on our Indiana CLC website for activities that might match up with a visit. We will be winding down 2017 events, but we will have a planning meeting for 2018 usually in January or February. Thanks for the kind words.
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville

Steve Passmore

Quote from: 1937 LaSalle coupe on September 24, 2017, 03:48:13 PM
. Once in a life time deal... John C. Lehman... CLC # 26365... Anyone else have good flea market finds ???

Best find I ever made was at a car show here in the UK some 35 years ago. My fuel gauge had never worked in the 1937 I was driving, and spread out on the floor with lot's of English parts was a NOS tank sending unit for 1937/38 GM cars!  It had nothing on the box and the stallholder knew nothing about it but I recognized it instantly because I had mine apart so many times.
How that ended up in a small village in Gloucestershire I will never know, and the price tag?  £2. ($3)
Steve

Present
1937 60 convertible coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe
1941 62 coupe

Previous
1936 70 Sport coupe
1937 85 series V12 sedan
1938 60 coupe
1938 50 coupe
1939 60S
1940 62 coupe
1941 62 convertible coupe x2
1941 61 coupe
1941 61 sedan x2
1941 62 sedan x2
1947 62 sedan
1959 62 coupe

Quentin Hall

When I was towing my unrestored 59 Biarritz from Winnipeg to LA way back in 96, I drove past a Sunday fleemarket. Something glinted in the morning sun and I said to Don who was the previous owner, who was doing the trip with me, that there could be something good there. He laughed at me like I was insane.
    We walked in the gate and I went to the table and there was a 59 Eldo hubcap and a mint pair of 59 rear window switches and ashtrays. Paid $20 for the hubcap and $10 for the pair of ashtrays. ( The ashtrays were on my top of the wanted list as the ones in the car has been badly corroded by a roof leak.)
      Don shook his head in disbelief and never questioned me wanting to stop indiscriminately again.
53 Eldo #319
53 Eldo #412.
53 Eldo #433
57 Biarritz
53 series 62 conv
39 Sixty Special Custom
57 Biarritz

Barry M Wheeler #2189

This is not a Cadillac find, but our local car club was having breakfast at an out of the way antique place that also served (breakfast.)
I was finished and drinking my coffee when I saw up high on a shelf, a grouping of commercial pie pans. Somehow I knew I needed to check them out, so I called the owner over, and sure enough, in the handful of stacked pans was one embossed with "Blue Bird Pies" where my mom was employed for many years. It now resides up on OUR shelf of antiques in our dining room.

Quentin, sometimes, you just KNOW...
Barry M. Wheeler #2189

1981 Cadillac Seville
1991 Cadillac Seville