News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

365 head cracking issue

Started by woodillac, September 21, 2017, 10:58:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

woodillac

I've read here and elsewhere that various 365 heads have cracking issues. I've heard about this mainly with respect to '56 heads. Did Cadillac improve head design in the 365 lineage? Or could any 365 head crack, regardless of year?

J. Gomez

Quote from: woodillac on September 21, 2017, 10:58:05 AM
I've read here and elsewhere that various 365 heads have cracking issues. I've heard about this mainly with respect to '56 heads. Did Cadillac improve head design in the 365 lineage? Or could any 365 head crack, regardless of year?

Doug,

The first generation of the ’56 365 had that issue some improvement were made to the later ones for ’56 and the ’57 365.

HTH
J. Gomez
CLC #23082

LV 57 SEDAN DE VILLE

I had cracked heads (both) and my machine shop found severals sets and all of them were also cracked. I solved the problem by getting a set of 1959 390 heads. When using these heads you must also use the rocker shafts and the rocker shaft stands from the 390.