News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1974 Calais Coupe

Started by gkhashem, December 11, 2023, 03:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gkhashem

1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

James Landi

Yes, yes, George... from the (so) little we can view, looks as though ''dad's baby'' received basic care--likely an unheated garage. Why not include a picture of the interior with 50k miles of wear over 5 decades' time? I suspect that the 12k ask is not attainable --- replaced bumper ends don't match the paint... and the 50k mileage may well be 150,000--- the speedo, etc looks moisture damaged. Perhaps a clc member will investigate...  You have to wonder about the condition of the frame over the rear wheels... so many of these cars went to the wrecking yard because of the chassis rust through.   Thanks for posting,  James

Bryan J Moran

Another case of the next generation not even waiting until the dad's body is cold before selling his pride and joy.  $12,000?  They will report much less than that for payment of estate taxes. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

I wonder what the extra speed markings across the speedometer are about (kpH perhaps?) Opera lamps have been added to the roof as these were not available on Calais. Power antenna is aftermarket unit.

NYS has an estate tax exemption of $6.58M and $12.92M Federal.  Whatever the case, it's not relevant as far as the buyer is concerned.
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

V63

Speedo stickers? I'm guessing the car or owner frequented or originated from Canada?

The Tassie Devil(le)

Quote from: V63 on December 12, 2023, 09:53:39 AMSpeedo stickers? I'm guessing the car or owner frequented or originated from Canada?
Looks like he simply wrote the Kilometre markings in the plastic speedo face with a felt-tipped pen.   Didn't want to get caught speeding in Canada.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon