News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Started by JayRudig390, December 23, 2020, 10:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayRudig390

Preferably with less thank 100k miles. Thank you!

Jamurray

I've owned three, a '93 with a Chevy truck engine, a '95 and a '96 with Corvette based 350s. The last two were balls of fire. Just thinking of going faster caused both to speed up!

The '95 had 235,000 miles when I bought it; an oil delivery truck backed it into oblivion at 275,000 miles. It never burned a drop of oil and went like a bat out of hell.

The '96 had only 35,000 miles on it and I had to junk it 100,000 miles later. It was born and raised in Texas, and previously owned by the father-in-law of a member in New Hampshire.

That turned out to be its undoing. They use a lot of salt in New Hampshire, and the frame eventually rusted beyond repair.

I drove it to California and back in 2009. It was would cruise all day at 100 if I wanted it to. I have no idea what its top speed was. My '95 SS that preceded it hit 120, and it was just getting warmed up.

Just watch out for three things. One is severe rust issues if it lived in snow country, the second is a leaking water pump. I the think the water pump is driven off the camshaft and is located just above the distributor. When it leaks, the coolant gets into said distributor, and things go south from there. The third is a propensity for the side windows, usually in the rear doors, to fail. Little nylon bushings, (no longer available from GM), fail. I made new ones with some hardwood and a Dremel tool.

Still, the cars represent some of the finest products ever produced by Cadillac. Hope you find one,

Jack

JayRudig390