News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Member #25324 Jim McEnroe Needs some info...

Started by jimson, October 24, 2011, 02:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimson

Hello fellow members.  I'm selling (or will trade for a Classic Cadillac, Chevy or Buick) my 1976 Eldorado convertible (21,000 miles).  It's been partially restored (e.g. new professionally done by restorer firemist blue metallic paint and replacement 5 Coker tires), because that's all that it needed.  I'm trying to ID the exact model, however I'm very confident that it has the d' Elegance package.  I'm going to be listing it pretty soon, but I'd like to get an assessment of the fair market value, but do not have the original window sticker with all of the options (but it's loaded).  How can I confirm which model it is (it's not the bi-centennial edition I'm certain)?  Any help is appreciated. You can contact me at jmcenroe30email addresses not permitted.  I want to sell/trade to a person who will take care of the car as it's been taken care of to date (garaged and not driven in rain, snow.  And, I don't want to deal with any brokers.  Thanks for any help that you can provide.
Jim Mc
Jim McEnroe
Member # 25324
1976 Eldorado Convertible

jagbuxx #12944

Just to be sure, convertibles were all the same model with the exception of the Bi-Centennial.
De'elegance models were limited to Devilles and Fleetwoods.
Post some photos and plenty of folks here will give you some ideas.
Frank Burns #12944
76 Coupe d'Elegance EFI Galloway Green Firemist
70 deVille Convert San Mateo Red
61 Coupe Deville Bristol Blue
41 Series 61 Deluxe Coupe 6127D Black
08 STS 3.6 1SC  Thunder Gray
16 GTI Gray
03 T-Bird Black
16 Grand Cherokee Summit, Granite
19 Tiffin Phaeton 40AH
07 Corvette Blue
20 MB S450 White

"Whatever the occasion, there
is no better way to arrive than in a Cadillac.

jimson

I'm just catching up on figuring out if I have a Fleetwood or a D'Ville.  I'll post some photos shortly and perhaps someone can help me figure out which one I have (are there any clues in the VIN?).  Thanks for the help.   :)
Jim McEnroe
Member # 25324

jimson

Here are a few photos.  If they don't help ID the specific model I'll have more a.s.a.p.
Jim McEnroe
Member # 25324

The Tassie Devil(le)

You definitely have a Fleetwood as there were no DeVille Convertibles for 1976.   Plus, DeVilles were Rear Wheel Drive.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon