News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

92sdv

Started by art archambeault, March 24, 2005, 10:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

art archambeault

Before I make offer on 92SDV, could one of you fellas tell me if that car would have rear air shocks or regular shocks. I have been told the fronts are air and possible to fit with a set of monroes. Would this require major alterations or a straight bolt on.   Im at 3150 and hes at 3300 with a leaking hose for tranny fluid that he wants me to fix at 3300. Im at 3100  and he fixes the hose and he wont budge.  Thanks.  Member but number hasnot arrived yet in mail.   Might walk away from this one though car is in beautiful.

Paul Flykt # 18899

The rears are air, it should be set up to self level. I do not recall that the fronts are air.

David #19063

Hello Art,

How many miles are on the car?

How much tread is on the tires?

How much wear on the brake pads?

David

Art Archambeault

82, 000 miles as Carfax report shows its history on registration dates with milage. Cloth top is 9.5 out of ten. Brakes feel good though I have not pulled wheels. Tires are faily new , looks like at least 30-40 thousand miles left.  I think maybe a smaal leak at rear valve cover gasket and a small leak at hose from trans just before it enters radiator. Car is really clean in and out. White with blue top.  Is this the touring sedan/without seeing any designation.  Last night i offered 3275 and he still wont take. Any advice. thanks art

Art Archambeault CLC#22010

Dave, how much to replace that hose, would you know? Vale cover gasket is a pain being in back but i can change that. Art

David #19063

Art,

I am not at home, but can check for sure when I return Tuesday.

If I remember correctly, I had the trans cooler lines replaced and the heavy duty oil cooler line replace.  The parts were like $132 for one and $165 for the other Cadillac only.  Then throw in an hour or so labor at $70/hour.

Has the car had a tune up?  New wires & plugs?  If not, expect about $400 for that job.

Check all of his repair work receipts thoroughly to see what has been done.

David

David #19063

Art,

Another way to look at this is what else can you get for your $3300?  Truely, I low mileage car that has been well maintained is generally a good buy.  You may have to do some work, but older cars always need work.

So, if you drop another $700 or so in the car, you now have $4000 in it.  Truely, there are not a lot of really nice upper end cars out there for $4000 needing nothing.  Maybe you can find a 97-98 Ford Contour with 100,000 miles for $4000, or a 96 4 cylinder Honda Accord with 125,000 miles for $4000, but are they what you want?

For example, at the end of January I bought a nice well kept 94 Fleetwood Brougham for $4000.  It did need those hoses, plugs & wires, a steering dampner, sway bar bushings = $1100.  So, for $5,100, I have a very nice car.  They tires have 80percent tread, and the car looks nice.

Now, it is an 11 year old car, and I need to get a piece of bumper trim ($20), replace the factory CD player.  Thats it.  It has an occasional scratch here and there, and a cloth top I am not particularily fond of, but it does look nice.

Are there other similar mileage SDVs as nice in and out in your area for a comparable price?  If not, it will probably be fine.

David

Porter 21919

Art,

If the car has never been in a bad collision and the maintainence has been decent grab it. That is all we look for in a good late model Cadillac. That is a great car.

Besides the fact you have described the car as being in great condition.

Porters 2 cents