News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1999 DeVille Traction Control Problem

Started by Vinny CLC # 16477, April 22, 2005, 04:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vinny CLC # 16477

Hello all.  I have a 1999 Deville that has been developing this annoying problem lately.  Sometimes when I let my fooot off the brake after a stop, the car seem to hesitate a bit (almost like the pads are rubbing against the rotors) and both the traction control light and the abs light comes on and stays on.  Anybody encounter this or have a similar problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Vinny

66 DevIlle Convertible
99 Deville

Mike #19861

The Traction Control and ABS systems are integrated and highly complicated.

I know that there is always someone who has had a similar problem and gives a could be answer. But, the best way to find the problem is to either take the car in for a proper diagnosis, or perform the diagnosis yourself. This will require the shop manual and some very specific diagnostic equipment, as well as a good working knowledge of the system.

So, in short, what I am saying is that you will have to bite the bullit and have the car diagnosed by a qualified technician using the correct equipment. There is no way this, or any of these complex systems, can be properly diagnosed in this sort of format.

Mike