News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Technical / Authenticity / 2000 Eldorado ETC P0741 Code
Last post by Mike Shawgo - Today at 05:19:18 PM
Hi everyone, Mike again.

I just had my mechanic do a transmission fluid and filter change, and new pan gasket on my 2000 Eldo ETC. The next day I got a Service Engine Soon light. Checked the codes and it had a P0741, TCC System Stuck OFF. This seems to me to be related to the fluid change, as I had no issues previously. Any idea what the issue might be?  Also, I've seen various internet posts ranging from "Ignore the problem and continue to drive" to "don't drive the car, you will ruin your transmission."

Mike
General Discussion / Re: 2040 Parts?
Last post by Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621 - Today at 04:28:01 PM
I don't know what the deal is with that site. To this day it continues to show images of a car I sold on eBay nine years ago.
General Discussion / 2040 Parts?
Last post by David Greenburg - Today at 04:21:48 PM
No, not looking for stuff for a car 16 years in the future.  But this outfit pops up in various search for parts.  Looks like a bulletin board for random people to post parts for  sale, which also sounds like a great opportunity for fraud and scams. Does anyone have any experience one way or the other with them?  Feel free to email or DM if you'd like. 
General Discussion / Re: Whats Up With Ebay
Last post by Lexi - Today at 04:15:15 PM
Have noticed that on and off for years now. Hard to predict how Ebay's search parameters will function. You got to do your best to narrow your search at both your end as well as at Ebay's, otherwise the fuzzy dice will pop up as TJ noted, along with Betty Boop valve stem caps and dingle berries to adorn your headliner above your windshield trim. Clay/Lexi
For Sale - Cars / 1978 Eldorado Biarritz Phoenix...
Last post by cadillacjack - Today at 03:38:48 PM
https://phoenix.craigslist.org/nph/cto/d/phoenix-1978-cadillac-eldorado-biarritz/7738469348.html

not mine just posting is it true that low of # for Biarritz 1499 ?
Last post by Clewisiii - Today at 03:25:21 PM
Funny. When I search 1961 Cadillac. It still branches out on some things. But is pretty consistent with the application.

But when I search 1960 Cadillac I do see some very off things.

I was wondering if it was the fact of a decade year rather then 1961 specific. As  if it is looking from items that will fit a 1960's car. Any 60s car. 
Last post by 60eldo - Today at 03:15:30 PM
 Im getting car parts from 1937-1970, cars, parts. I did fits as well.             https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=1960+cadillac+-fits&_sacat=0&LH_ItemCondition=4&_udlo=75&_sop=10                                   
Want To Buy - Cars / Re: 1949 Cadillac Sedanette
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Today at 03:10:59 PM
I know of a 48 for sale thats a medium gray color and in very good condition.
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 03:05:41 PM
Also add -fits to your search.  That should eliminate things like fuzzy dice and skull valve stem caps.
There's almost no way engine/trans rebuilds are necessary if the car runs, drives and shifts as it should and without any weird noises or smoke.

As to the rest - hoses, lines, radiator, heater core, etc could fail at any time regardless of whether the car has 1,600 miles or 106,000 even if previously replaced. Gas tank is susceptible to rust depending on storage conditions, preventative maintenance etc.

Front disc/rear drum brakes is one significant advantage of the '75 Eldorado over the 1976.