News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

1975 Eldorado Shooting Brake One of a Kind !

Started by rosedalenative, March 27, 2019, 06:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosedalenative

rare and unique, factory ordered through only a few dealers at a huge cost over a standard Eldorado.   Remember the good ole days of the rear facing 3rd seat in mom and pop's station wagon?    This one has it !   1 of 2 made in 1975.   Runs great.  500 cu in carb engine and stock FWD transmission like all the other Eldorado cars.

Price is $25,000.00     For sale or trade for equal value or cash up or down.  Car on Long Island.  I've been to so many Cadillac and other car shows over the last 40 years and I've never seen another.   So much rarer than any other Cadillac everyone always thinks of when they think rare model (Opera Coupe, Milan, San Remo, DeMarchand, Talisman, Phaeton).

Chris  516-395-6017     rosedalenative@aol.com

I'm an individual owner and collector, not a dealer. I have lots of cars and I periodically buy and sell. I don't need help selling the car so if you're not a prospective purchaser please don't contact me, I won't advertise with you and I won't pay you a broker's fee, you'd be wasting your time and mine.  Thanks.

BJM

Not sure what you mean Shooting Brake?  I thought that was a Hot Rod or racing term. 

rosedalenative

the term "shooting brake" basically means a 2 door station wagon.  Like this car, or some of the Pinto cars of the early 70s, or some Chevy Nomads of the 50s, etc.     I don't know where the term came from.

35-709

Believe this to be a British term, saw a Rolls Royce "Shooting Brake" at the Larz Anderson Auto Museum near Boston as part of a field trip while at the 2013 Cadillac & LaSalle GN.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shooting-brake 

Edit:  You can see several Shooting Brakes here ---

https://www.google.com/search?q=rolls+royce+shooting+brake&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=abCqAWGuAKmjtM%252CVEBg7EP1u8fNnM%252C_&vet=1&usg=AI4_-kT-z9Pg5_uBxEWucKV_iZNBvK0Zbg&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwi45qHO8KfhAhUROawKHeFOD_UQ_h0wF3oECAoQBA&biw=1525&bih=706#imgrc=abCqAWGuAKmjtM:&vet=1
1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

wrench

I believe when a station wagon becomes a shooting brake depends on the price and filigree on the shotguns it carries.
1951 Series 62 Sedan
1969 Eldorado
1970 Eldorado (Triple Black w/power roof)
1958 Apache 3/4 ton 4x4
2005 F250
2014 FLHP
2014 SRX

35-709

1935 Cadillac Sedan resto-mod "Big Red"
1973 Cadillac Caribou - Sold - but still in the family
1950 Jaguar Mark V Saloon resto-mod - Sold
1942 Cadillac 6269 - Sold
1968 Pontiac Bonneville Convertible - Sold
1950 Packard 2dr. Club Sedan
1935 Glenn Pray - Auburn Boattail Speedster, Gen. 2

D.Smith

It's a British term.     Doesn't mean that's what it was intended to be here in the States. 

I know of two other Eldorado wagons like that one made in 1975.   A green one and a white one.

The Tassie Devil(le)

England has their Estate Wagons

USA has Station Wagons and Ranch Wagons (Ford)

And Australia have their Station Wagons.

It is all to do with regards to what the vehicles were initially constructed for and who used them the most.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon