News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Cadillac Presented Replicate Dewars Trophies to Top Dealers

Started by Vince Taliano #13852, April 26, 2024, 09:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vince Taliano #13852

Sometime in the 1980s, Cadillac saluted dealers who achieved complete customer satisfaction by presenting replicate Dewars trophies.  Wonder how many of these dealers are still around today!

Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region
www.clcpotomacregion.org (view over 4,000 pictures!)

Carfreak

Not sure about the dealers but there are two of these Dewar Trophies in the Cadillac Museum @ Gilmore. 

Can you send a copy of the document you showed that I can print and display there alongside the 'Dewar' in the Showroom?
Enjoy life - it has an expiration date.

Carfreak

Looking very closely to read the dealer names:

Harvey Cadillac is now owned by John Lees and still in business.  He is a supporter of the CLC Museum.   

During Cadillac Fall Festival several years ago, we toured the dealership and John Leese's car collection.

John's low mileage 1976 Eldo Bicentennial convertible is on display at the CLC Museum.

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: Carfreak on April 26, 2024, 10:00:00 AMCan you send a copy of the document you showed that I can print and display there alongside the 'Dewar' in the Showroom?

Sue, I will gladly donate it to the Museum and deliver it to Gettysburg, if you are interested.  How does that sound? 

Thanks.

PS:  Too big to copy. 
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region

59-in-pieces

Vince,

I just saw that display case - no trophy - with lights and a rotating table on Facebook Market Place (I think).
They wanted $2,500.

Have fun,
Steve B.
S. Butcher

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: 59-in-pieces on April 26, 2024, 10:09:20 AMVince,

I just saw that display case - no trophy - with lights and a rotating table on Facebook Market Place (I think).
They wanted $2,500.

Have fun,
Steve B.

Interesting! Is it for sale in Palm Springs?
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region

Carfreak

Quote from: Vince Taliano #13852 on April 26, 2024, 10:08:07 AMSue, I will gladly donate it to the Museum and deliver it to Gettysburg, if you are interested.  How does that sound? 

Thanks.

PS:  Too big to copy. 

Sounds wonderful.  Would be a great addition to telling 'our' Cadillac story.

Vince Taliano #13852

Quote from: Carfreak on April 26, 2024, 01:21:28 PMSounds wonderful.  Would be a great addition to telling 'our' Cadillac story.

Hi Sue,

Does the Museum have the display case with lights and a rotating table that Steve B referred to above?  If not, it would be great to get that donated too and have the trophy on permanent display. 

Thanks.

Vince
Vince Taliano
CLC Potomac Region

Carfreak

The Museum has two of the lighted, motorized display cases with the trophies as shown in the first photo you posted. 

Carfreak

Cool historic story - I think it pertained to the original Dewar Trophy. 

During the Detroit Riots in July 1967, Cadillac received a phone call from an elderly lady living in Detroit. 

She wanted someone from Cadillac Motor Car to pick up a trophy she had in her possession. 

It was Wilfred Leland's widow (2nd wife) and I believe Ansel Sackett was the person who went to retrieve it. 

druby

I have the huge portrait of Floyd D. Akers, founder of Capitol Cadillac in Washington DC, that hung in the dealership. I'd like to have it donated to the museum only if it's hung up in the museum and not placed somewhere in a storage area. He was a very prominent man with very close ties to Alfred Sloan & Cadillac Motor Division. He supplied many cars to the White House and dignitaries.
1949 Cadillac 4DR Sedan
1952 Cadillac Convertible
1953 Cadillac Coupe deVille
1958 Cadillac Eldorado Biarritz
1959 Cadillac Fleetwood

Carfreak

Dan,

Suggest you reach out personally to Bill Anderson, Paul Ayres, or Alan Haas about that donation.