News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

Recent posts

General Discussion / PTO Vintage Ato information
Last post by Clewisiii - May 26, 2024, 08:29:19 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this company. The website does not say much about themselves. But it does say that for a fair price they will restore the trunk pull down.

http://www.ptovintageauto.com/services.html

I know I have heard others complain about a restorer who held onto pull down motors for a very long time. Or just didn't do the work and stopped communicating.
Screenshot_20240526_202347_Chrome~2.jpg
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1972 Cadillac Climate Cont...
Last post by 35-709 - May 26, 2024, 08:25:41 PM
Tim Groves
https://cadillactim.com/

For questions or more information, call 1-864-348-7732 or send an Email at tagroves@wctel.net

Parts can be sent to:
    Cadillac Tim
    109 Goss Scott Rd.
    Iva, SC 29655
Quote from: Big Fins on May 26, 2024, 04:27:02 PMWhat gets me is when you ask the store manager if you can teach the tire changer how to balance the tire properly, they look at you like, 'You have to be kidding? You teach us?' Then you try to note to him/her what you see being done wrong and they don't believe a word you're saying.
I had to teach the staff at a tyre shop in Connecticut how to change the tyres on the Cadillac Front Wheel Drive rims when I wanted two tyres replaced for my '72 Eldorado back in 2008.

I took the wheels to the shop to have the tyres replaced (One had separated Steel Belts) and left them to be done and came back 4 hours later.   The Manager said they couldn't get the tyres off so therefore not done.

I politely asked if I could show them what to do, and after some discussion, (to show that I knew what I was talking about) I was let behind the safety chain.   Within a couple of minutes, I had the old tyre demounted, and the new tyre back on the rim, and then let them do the second one.

They had never thought of putting the rim on backwards on the changer.   I reminded them that 1957 Chevrolets had to be done that way.   How can professionals easily forget such stuff.

Luckily that didn't proceed too far the first time or they could have destroyed the rims, like a shop in Australia did to a set of 1968 Eldorado rims.   They got the tyres changed, but bent the rims.   I found this out when I supplied a fellow Cadillac owner here with a good set of rims.

As for the balancing, they said that they couldn't do it because they had to supply new weights, and they didn't have the correct CAX weights.   I told them to use Stick-on weights so I could mount the wheel trims.

Bruce. >:D 
G'day Steve,

I think that you will find that the Fisher Body Manuals didn't begin to become a separate Service Manual till around 1969.

Before then, the Shop Manual covered everything that the mechanic needed to know when repairing/servicing these cars.

My own supply of Manuals for GM up till 1968 show everything in the one book.

Bruce. >:D

PS.   But then, I could be totally wrong.
General Discussion / Re: Wanted: CLC Escalade Owner...
Last post by Carfreak - May 26, 2024, 07:20:18 PM
Hagerty Insider
How the Escalade Out-Maneuvered the Navigator at the Dawn of the SUV Age
(its a tiny url otherwise it makes the screen too wide)

http://tiny.cc/ffj8yz
General Discussion / Re: What have you done with yo...
Last post by Lexi - May 26, 2024, 06:25:23 PM
Quote from: Mike Baillargeon #15848 on May 26, 2024, 02:38:01 PMAnother beautiful day in New England today !!

We've been lucky so far this spring....Top down cruising !

I exercised a 1955 Eldorado....It was great, nobody was on the back roads I was traveling on....

Mike

Very nice Mike. I had my boat out and always tons of stares and Godfather comments. I usually tell them that the car would ride better if I get all of the bodies out of the trunk! Attached is a shot of Lexi taken today when out crusing. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Is there a Fisher Body boo...
Last post by Clewisiii - May 26, 2024, 06:07:31 PM
Because this book is not very informative. 20240526_180547.jpg
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Is there a Fisher Body boo...
Last post by Clewisiii - May 26, 2024, 06:03:34 PM
Do you mean the assembly manual. Or something else.
Technical / Authenticity / Is there a Fisher Body book fo...
Last post by SteveB3155 - May 26, 2024, 05:40:30 PM
Been searching the internet to see if these exist.  I'm coming up dry.  I've got a couple of shop manuals, but am wondering if there's a body book for 1961.  I can find them for other years and other makes, but no 1961 Cadillac. A digital copy would be fine.  Thanks.