News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Weight of '60 390/trans combo

Started by bigoilman, May 08, 2024, 02:10:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigoilman

I've seen posts saying the 390 "dressed" is rougly 725 lbs.  Anyone know what the transmission weighs or the weight of the combo?

Thank you.
CLC - #35118

Moody

I've heard 900 lbs complete.
Moody

bigoilman

Quote from: Moody on May 08, 2024, 02:18:47 PMI've heard 900 lbs complete.

Looking around a bit more yesterday, I found 725# for the fully dressed 390 and roughly 250# for the transmission with TC and fluid. 

So...975# give or take.

Sound close to you (or anyone else seeing this post)?
CLC - #35118

Lexi

That would have been my estimate. Clay/Lexi

Big Fins

I had to beef up my hoist to pull mine as a unit. On the way back in, just as it was seating in the cradle, the oil ring in the 8 ton bottle jack blew out. Sure glad is wasn't 6 feet in the air when that happened.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille

Lexi

Quote from: Big Fins on May 09, 2024, 12:22:24 PMI had to beef up my hoist to pull mine as a unit. On the way back in, just as it was seating in the cradle, the oil ring in the 8 ton bottle jack blew out. Sure glad is wasn't 6 feet in the air when that happened.

That would have been disastrous. Got an awful feeling in the pit of my stomach just reading your post. The Cadillac Gods smiled upon you that day, and saved your car. Clay/Lexi