News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Need a '49 donor

Started by ccp49, March 10, 2012, 08:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ccp49

I am restoring a 49 convertible and just realized I am missing some brackets welded to the windshield frame.  The attached pic shows two of the three brackets on the driver's side of the windshield frame.  They're used to attach the garnish molding.  Passenger side is missing 2 of the three brackets.  As the picture also shows, one is a mirror image of the other. 
I am guessing that all models in 49 use the same bracket. Once I find a donor car, I'll work with the owner to figure out which brackets I need.  two of the three are the same and the other is a mirror image.
Problem occurred because, as many of us do, I purchased a work in progress, so every once in a while I find a problem that was discovered during teardown by the previous owner and very unbeknownst to me today! I think the good news is that I will be able to get the brackets welded into place without having to repaint the window frame. 

Thanks for any help in finding a willing donor!

Dan Barbieri
319-491-7598
Dan Barbieri
'49 Conv "in the works"
Cedar Rapids, Iowa