News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Bad Timing What To Do?

Started by rag4rdd, January 19, 2012, 11:17:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rag4rdd

Well my project is in the body/paint shop for its make over.  But it looks like a job transfer to Hawaii will be happening in the next 4 months and will probably end up retiring there.   I know......poor me living in Hawaii.  I would really like to keep the car but after seeing what the salt air does to the cars there, I have mixed emotions.  I don't have a major emotional attachment to the car but it would be nice to have and drive when finished (which I would have to do there).

Any opinions?  I wonder if there would be any market for selling the car when finished?

Thanks.
RAGreer
CLC# 26758
54 Coupe de Ville (work in progress)

Jim Stamper

That would be a great car to have over there, and leaving it out would be terrible for it. But if it had a garage and not a carport and was well taken care of it should last a long time. If you are retired just make that one of the things important things that you do, and enjoy the car. A great place to have a great car.

You can probably contact members who live there through the directory directly and get their take on the situation.

Jim Stamper CLC#13470

Glen

If you are moving to Oahu buy/rent in central Oahu, not on the Windward side or the North Shore.  Those areas are nice scenic and all that but the salt air is the worst.  I lived a third of a mile from the beach and an altitude of about 100 ft. on the Windward side, and I had to use the windshield washer to clear the salt off my windshield many mornings.  That car did not last long.  I now live in Central Oahu and I don’t have that problem any more. 

Also Central Oahu has newer homes with enclosed garages, something that was rare on the windward side. 
Glen Houlton CLC #727 
CLCMRC benefactor #104

Chris Conklin

I think you have a good number of years to enjoy the car, and your retirement, before the salt air causes much damage.
Chris Conklin