News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Anyone else getting

Started by 60eldo, March 05, 2020, 07:38:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spolij

Sure Bill and Steve rub it in. I'll have you know it got a little above 30 in Ohio last week! LOL
years ago I worked for the Port Authority at LaGuardia Airport and we used urea on the runways because of the corrosion factor of salt.
A number of years ago an employee of the Ohio roadway maintenance crews liquefied urea and they started using it on the roads instead of salt. One little stream 4 to 6 inches apart across the roadway took care of ice better than salt. The cost of urea is higher than salt but liquefying it made it very economical to use instead of salt. And it did a great job.

dochawk

Quote from: spolij on March 08, 2020, 06:37:10 AM

years ago I worked for the Port Authority at LaGuardia Airport and we used urea on the runways because of the corrosion factor of salt.

uh, oh. we're running low again.

Start feeding the boys coffee; they know what the gotta do . . .

:o
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

TJ Hopland

I do have to admit that after the one 60* day we had I was starting to think about what or if I was going to do a big project with the car this summer but then it cooled off again.   Temps have been above average but its been windy so that puts a bit of a damper on things.
73 Eldo convert w/FiTech EFI, over 30 years of ownership and counting
Somewhat recently deceased daily drivers, 80 Eldo Diesel & 90 CDV
And other assorted stuff I keep buying for some reason

dochawk

if the winds are calm this afternoon, I'll be taking another run at the grounding (?) problem one or the other Eldorados.   Yesterday was just too unpleasant to stand still outside, so I settled for pulling the mustard weeds out back . . .
1972 Eldorado convertible,  1997 Eldorado ETC (now awaiting parts swap from '95 donor), 1993 Fleetwood but no 1926 (yet)

Scot Minesinger

No snow in Northern Virginia this year, been driving my 1970 Cadillacs regularly.  Try and never let a week go by without driving each one.
Fairfax Station, VA  22039 (Washington DC Sub)
1970 Cadillac DeVille Convertible
1970 Cadillac Sedan DeVille
1970 four door Convertible w/Cadillac Warranty