News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

What I can't understand is how Jon was still able to post under "reading-only" status?  ??? 

As to the rest, the CLC number would probably need to have been entered into the proper field sometime before today in order to keep posting privileges uninterrupted. Over the last few weeks I received several email reminders to update my profile not realizing that displaying the CLC number in other areas would soon not be recognized.
General Discussion / Re: Why Did I Receive This???
Last post by Jon S - Today at 04:44:51 PM
Quote from: dn010 on Today at 04:06:52 PMSorry I'm wasting your time, I'm only telling you what was PM'd to me and what is literally shown at the top of this page in the news section:

"News:
The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges."

It appears you're able to post so the thought of entering the CLC number in the correct area might do it.

Sorry for trying to help you and wasting your time. Good luck to you.

Appreciate your help. Was just getting frustrated
Last post by Jon S - Today at 04:43:46 PM
Quote from: dn010 on Today at 04:06:52 PMSorry I'm wasting your time, I'm only telling you what was PM'd to me and what is literally shown at the top of this page in the news section:

"News:
The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges."

It appears you're able to post so the thought of entering the CLC number in the correct area might do it.

Sorry for trying to help you and wasting your time. Good luck to you.
No problem as far as I know, just ignore the %
Email received and processed, you are reinstated.

BTW, placing your CLC number in the correct place does not automatically change your status. The presence or absence of a valid CLC number was used to decide whether or not the status was changed this morning, while the forums were in maintenance mode. 
General Discussion / 1940 La Salle Convertible Seda...
Last post by Lukaszek - Today at 04:27:45 PM
Hello CLC members, I am new to this forum and CLC and this is my first post.  I recently acquired a collection of antique and classic cars, one of which is a 1940 La Salle Convertible Sedan, another a 1958 Cadillac Convertible. I understand the La Salle is quite rare being 1 of 75 built and the last year for La Salle but I have not found any reliable valuations.  I am looking to sell this one but I'm unsure if I should take it to auction and let the bidders decide or determine it's value and post it for sale, any help with valuation would sure be appreciated. I received a bunch of documentation and receipts with the car and have summarized it as follows:

1940 LaSalle Series 54 Convertible Sedan
Chassis Number 4E11459
332ci Straight Eight 130hp
1 of only 75 Convertible Sedans produced in 1940 (Last Year of LaSalle Motor Company)
Navy Blue, Red Leather Upholstery, Beige cloth top
Clean Clear Arizona title indicates mileage unknown; Odometer currently reads 2652 miles

Documented History:
Older Concours Restoration to showroom condition
First shown at the 1994 Meadowbrook Concours d'Elegance
Later shown at the 2004 Cranbrook Concours d'Elegance
2006 – Sold at RM Auction Amelia Island $60,500
2013 – Listed for sale by Hyman, Ltd. Classic Cars - St Louis, MO for $62,500
September 2013 – Purchased by Paradise Valley, AZ auto collector for $56,000
September 3013 through March 2024 – over $10,000 spent on service and maintenance
March 2024 – Acquired as part of the entire collection. Carburetor was rebuilt starts, runs, drives, and still looks great.
All receipts, documented history, and an original shop manual are included.

Thanks in advance for any and all information and/or offers.
Last post by Jon S - Today at 04:26:42 PM
Jason - I put my CLC Number in the correct spot 2 hours ago. I will be patient. The site is not very user friendly. Sorry for the misunderstanding
General Discussion / Re: Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Bob Hoffmann CLC#96 - Today at 04:23:25 PM
bobscads@comcast.net I hope this doesn't get deleted!!
General Discussion / Re: Personal message limit
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 04:22:29 PM
Carl, Did you send this to the webmaster - webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org?
Jason.
Last post by Jason Edge - Today at 04:19:19 PM
Quote from: Jon S on Today at 03:55:13 PMWell I corrected everything and sent an email with the required information- now it says I am not a member!
Jon, Your CLC Number was in the wrong place. We have been stating your CLC Number will have to be in the correct CLC Number field for weeks now. After you corrected this and sent Stefan an email, he or an admin has to change your access.  We are all human, this takes time, and we will get ALL CLC member back in, but you WILL have to have your CLC number in the correct spot. Our webmaster's email is webmaster@cadillaclasalleclub.org, but again don't expect immediate response. I went ahead and changed your status back to full access.
I ask everyone to be patient. If you are a paid CLC # and don't have your number in the right spot it is not the end of the world. We will get everything sorted. Jason.