News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

'60 Eldorado Biarritz Molding, reveal, rear quarter window P/N 478 1196

Started by Whit, January 08, 2016, 04:03:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whit

Still looking to buy this right side molding. Proper designation: Molding, reveal, rear quarter window P/N 478 1196 RH side 1960 Eldorado Biarritz. The one I found on the right side of the car is for a Seville and the fit is off.

Thanks   Whit

Bob Hoffmann CLC#96

Whit,
I offered you one from a Seville. Could it be modified??
Bob
1968 Eldorado slick top ,white/red interior
2015 Holden Ute HSV Maloo red/black interior.

Too much fun is more than you can have.

Whit

Bob:   I am not knowledgeable enough to know for sure. I have one that came on the car, but it did not fit well and it had four holes in it that seem to have something to do with snap buttons related to the soft top or a snap-on cover. The left side does not have those four holes and it fits well.
I bought one from Brian Faull that I 'think' was from a Seville, but it was very different and did not even come close to fitting. I returned it and he is sending my money back.

Thanks for the follow up.  Whit

jeremy9146

Whit,

It sounds like your looking for the piece of trim that runs along the top edge of the quarter panel next to the rear quarter window.  These pieces are convertible specific.  Pieces from a series 62 will have holes drilled in them for the snaps for the soft boot.  Eldorado convertibles will have no holes due to having a hard boot.  The moldings for the Eldorado are hard to find.  People have had the holes welded shut and flash chrome the moldings from a series 62.  Good luck in your search.

Jeremy Weiss

Jeremy Weiss Bridgewater, NJ
Current collection of Cadillac’s
1953 Eldorado
1959 Eldorado Biarritz

Whit

Jeremy:

You are right on in your assessment, at least as I understand it. That is indeed the piece of stainless that runs along the top edge of the right quarter panel next to the rear quarter window. I would modify the Series 62 piece if it fit better. That may be my only alternative if I can't find one.
Thanks for the comments.

Whit

Junkhead57

Whit, I believe I have what you need for your Eldo. I have both styles, Eldo & series 62.

If your interested you can email me at rooster280@msn.com

thanks,
Jeff

Whit

I am still looking for a single right side reveal molding. Jeff did not want to break up his set, which I can understand, and I only need one side. Let me know if you know of one out there.

Thanks Whit

76eldo

Whit,

Unless his price is really high I would suggest buying the set and putting what you don't need on ebay.
It will sell.  By the time you find a 62 series set, have the holes filler and polished, you will spend a lot.

59/60 Eldo trim always sells on ebay for decent money.

Just a suggestion.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Ken Perry

When you look at the production numbers of a 60 Biarritz and how desirable they are ! And you are looking for a part that is 1960 Eldo Biarritz only,and then consider people are not parting these cars out anymore ! Just getting so lucky as to find that part,is something! I would sure think very hard before passing up the chance to get it ! My opinion. Ken Perry   
Cadillac Ken

jayryan07

Quote from: Ken Perry on January 17, 2016, 03:18:40 PM
When you look at the production numbers of a 60 Biarritz and how desirable they are ! And you are looking for a part that is 1960 Eldo Biarritz only,and then consider people are not parting these cars out anymore ! Just getting so lucky as to find that part,is something! I would sure think very hard before passing up the chance to get it ! My opinion. Ken Perry

Ken, that statement is certainly spot on.  No one is parting them out any more. Scarce indeed.
Good luck Whit.
1960 El Dorado Biarritz Conv.

Whit

76eldo

I may be getting some trim off of a western 60 Eldo parts car.  The set of convertible belt trim is on the car.  I'll let you know what I get when I get it.  It's going to be at least a few weeks.

Brian
Brian Rachlin
Huntingdon Valley, Pa
I prefer email's not PM's rachlin@comcast.net

1960 62 Series Conv with Factory Tri Power
1970 DeVille Conv
1970 Eldo
1970 Caribu (?) "The Cadmino"
1973 Eldorado Conv Pace Car
1976 Eldorado Conv
1980 Eldorado H & E Conv
1993 Allante with Hardtop (X2)
2008 DTS
2012 CTS Coupe
2017 XT
1956 Thunderbird
1966 Olds Toronado

Whit

Great Brian...right now the main piece that I need is right rear quarter window reveal molding. I have the left side and it is perfect. I realized that the molding piece that was on the car when I found it, (on the right side) was from a 62 Series convertible which has the 4 holes for snaps and does not fit well. The Biarritz version does not have the snap holes.

I am in no hurry so if you come up with that piece just let me know. Thanks for the follow up.

Whit