News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

1940 Lasalle Carpet

Started by Ben Medlock, April 21, 2024, 06:55:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Abe Lugo

Tom- Thank you very much for the info.  I was too slow on a NOS Buick kit that showed up on eBay for 150.00  :(  my carpet is in dire need of an upgrade. 
Abe Lugo  CLC#31763  Sunny Los Angeles,CA @abelugo IG

Alan Harris CLC#1513

Is there anybody here who knows from experience that one of Bob's rubber floor mats will fit a 1940 5219 LaSalle sedan? I know that it seems like the Buick mat should fit because they are the same body, but has anybody actually seen it done? Are the pedals and the steering column in the same places on both cars?

I have called Bob's and asked about this and they were not especially helpful. I would hate to be in for $400.00 and then find out that the mat does not fit.

Tom Boehm

Did you inquire if Bob's has an uncut mat to sell? I do not have personal experience with a 52 series.

Tom Boehm

Also, The original poster of this thread was not a member so it looks like he will not respond anymore. He could see our responses without a reply.

The Tassie Devil(le)

Regarding the availability of un-cut carpets, when I was doing RHD Conversions, and in need of a plain carpet for the conversion, I found that the supplier would supply uncut pieces so that I could do my own fitting.   You just have to ask.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon