News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

WTB 1961 interior details. Parts found, Case closed!

Started by Valts, March 11, 2024, 06:12:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Valts

A friend of mine is looking for a pair of small details /trim parts that are in rear window area of 1961 four-door six-window Cadillac. Not sure about other body types.
Picture is added. Parts should be in usable condition, surface rust and paint problems does not count, they will be cleaned and painted anyhow.

His full-resto project car is almost finished but the details above are missing. Car was bought partially disassembled and some very few small parts were not there. Parts on the photos were taken from another car for example.

Actually one more problem is plastic parts /covers that go around front seat railings to hide the mechanism. 2+2 plastic parts.  If we cant find them, I will fabricate these from sheet metal.

Hopefully someone has a parts car where these details can be taken. One problem however, we are in Europe, Estonia, but shipping of these small parts should not be too complicated.

Thanks,
Vallo
vallo.kylvi  gmail.com
V. Kulvi

Valts

Fabricated a new set of front seat adjuster cover panels, still looking for 2 small pieces from rear window area. Second pic on first post.
V. Kulvi

Clewisiii

Are those from the top or bottom edges.
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

I have this parts car in my back yard. I already sent the track covers to Germany years ago.

IMG_20240411_182140684.jpg
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering

Clewisiii

Quote from: Clewisiii on April 11, 2024, 06:21:13 PMAre those from the top or bottom edges.

Sorry referencing the window trims.

Valts

We took a picture of the trim piece. Trim is from another car but placed at right position.
V. Kulvi

Clewisiii

Ok. My yard is very wet now. But I will try to pull these parts off this weekend.

Is the car this is going in light blue interior. The dark blue you used on the seat track covers matched to the light blue window trim.

Valts

Thank you Carl!
The seat cover pieces are primed dark grey, not painted yet. The car my friend is restoring is the same bronze/brown interior on the picture.

BTW I really enjoy reading your 61 project, amazing detail!
Do you have a decent, correct battery tray on your car, I could not find any photos of it?
V. Kulvi

Clewisiii

Have I ever mentioned how insane I am. I do not have a good battery tray on my parts car. I have a good one for my Fleetwood. So I made these pictures to help people trying to get a battery tray made to work.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 192351.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 192425.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 192452.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 192513.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 192536.jpgScreenshot 2024-04-12 192600.jpg

Clewisiii

Note the 335 and 178 are inside bend measurements. So the outside with metal thickness is 4-5mm wider. Screenshot 2024-04-12 192351.jpg