News:

Please note that the Forums will be in Maintenance Mode, i.e. not accessible, this coming Wednesday, May 15th, This is to make backups and carry out the changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members. The start of the transition is planned for around 9 a.m. EDT, and is expected to last between four and eight hours.

Main Menu

1960 Torque Converter to Flywheel

Started by 60eldo, April 24, 2024, 11:47:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

60eldo

A couple of questions guys. When installing the spacer in the engine , should I greese it 1st, or use anti-sieze. Next, on the flywheel there are 4 drilled holes beside the studs, what are they for. What is the torque for the nuts going around the flywheel to torque converter.  And last, when I put the flex plate back on the engine, is there any special way, or just use any 4 bolts. I just want to make sure to do everything right when installing my engine, and I dont want to forget anything.
Jon. Kluczynski

Clewisiii

I would put a little grease in the end of the crank shaft pocket just to hold the spacer in place while you mate to trans. There is no relative movement between the crank and the torque converter
"My interest is in the future, because I am going to spend the rest of my life there."  Charles Kettering