News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1976 CdV $13,500 17,000 miles

Started by Bryan J Moran, May 13, 2024, 09:54:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bryan J Moran

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/578797013937978

This vehicle has been driven less than 17000 miles.  In excellent condition. With a little care this will be a show stopper.  Asking $13500.   Serious inquiries only please.
CLC 35000

James Landi

Seems sad it's been on the market for over a year... must have some kind of "deal breaker" that requires expensive repair.  thanks for posting Bryan,  James

Cadman-iac

It's a beautiful car, I love the color.
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

Bryan J Moran

Quote from: James Landi on Yesterday at 07:25:58 AMSeems sad it's been on the market for over a year... must have some kind of "deal breaker" that requires expensive repair.  thanks for posting Bryan,  James

It is weird and something is going on.
CLC 35000

J. Skelly

These were notorious for having the paint bubble up just below the vinyl top on both quarter panels when they were only a year old.  The color is a love it or hate it shade.   
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

The Tassie Devil(le)

With the condition of the woodgrain fascia on the passenger side of the dash, and the broken seat belt clip on the drivers' seat, I would be thinking it has rolled over on the odometer to 117,000 miles.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Cadman-iac

Quote from: J. Skelly on Yesterday at 07:39:02 PMThese were notorious for having the paint bubble up just below the vinyl top on both quarter panels when they were only a year old.  The color is a love it or hate it shade.   

I had a 75 Coupe Deville and it had been in Hawaii for years before someone shipped it back here. I  got it for a hundred dollars and drove the wheels off it. But it was rotten all over underneath the vinyl top. If you touched it it sounded like you had just put your foot in a bowl of cornflakes. But man what a nice riding car!!

I can't get the pictures to expand on my phone, but it's partly because I don't do Farcebook I think. I couldn't see the issues you were talking about with the dash.

I was wondering about the spare tire position. I thought they were supposed to sit up against the hump at an angle so it doesn't take up too much floor space in the trunk.

But from what I can see, it's a really beautiful car. I really like that color combo.
 But like you said James, there must be something wrong if it hadn't sold in a year. The price seems reasonable to me if it's as nice as the pictures portray it.

Rick
CLC# 32373
1956 Coupe Deville A/C car "Norma Jean"

The Tassie Devil(le)

Here it is.   The inlay is curling up across the top, and the end.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon
1960 Cadillac CDV
1972 Cadillac Eldorado Coupe

Big Fins

Quote from: Cadman-iac on Yesterday at 11:21:39 PMI was wondering about the spare tire position. I thought they were supposed to sit up against the hump at an angle so it doesn't take up too much floor space in the trunk.

Rick

You can see in one of the trunk pix where the spare sits correctly up on the hump. There is the hole in the trunk material to allow for the threaded hook to be placed in the receiver.

And for that faux woodgrain to be coming off suggests it sat with that corner of the car in the sun all the time. But usually in really hot conditions, the entire top of the dash gets wavy where the monitoring light bar is.

When I use my car on sunny days, I take the seat towels and fold them across the dash to protect it. I hate those fuzzy dash covers.
Current:
1976 Eldorado Convertible in Crystal Blue FireMist with white interior and top. (Misty Blue

Past and much missed:
1977 Brougham de Elegance
1976 Eldorado Convertible
1972 Fleetwood Brougham
1971 Sedan de Ville
1970 de Ville Convertible
1969 Fleetwood Brougham
1969 Sedan de Ville
1959 Sedan deVille