News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1978 Eldorado Biarritz low miles

Started by badpoints, December 08, 2023, 09:32:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

J. Skelly

You should be able to buy 3-4 really nice ones for that price!
Jim Skelly, CLC #15958
1968 Eldorado
1977 Eldorado Biarritz
1971 Eldorado (RIP)

gkhashem

Considering it has 5800 miles and appears all sorted out your not buying 3-4 like that.

Maybe 2. I say it probably is a $30,000 car in today's cheap money. If it truly is a like new car.
1959 Oldsmobile 98 Holiday Sports Sedan
1960 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr #72)
1964 Oldsmobile 98 Town Sedan (OCA 1st)
1970 GMC C1500
1977 Oldsmobile 98 Regency Coupe
1978 Cadillac Coupe Deville (CLC Sr Crown #959)*
1992 Oldsmobile 98 (OCA 1st)
1996 Oldsmobile 98
*CLC Past President's Preservation

Past Cadillacs
1959 Coupe Deville
1966 Coupe Deville (Sr #861)*
1991 Eldorado Biarritz (Sr #838)

James Landi

Apparently, the owner has been providing constant repairs and maintenance, and one can surmise that he's testing the market to find out if someone with the cash really wants his car.  On the WORLD wide web, all he needs is one individual... personally, I'm hoping he's successful.  Thanks for posting,  James

Bryan J Moran

We all like this car but it's not the most desired car. I essentially put this in a big bucket.  Is a 78 Eldorado worth more than any nice low mileage 71-78 Eldorado?  They made a lot of coupes in the 70s. There are relatively speaking - a lot of inventory to choose from. Also, if this car sold for nearly $60,000, then that is the highest it will ever sell at. You would be buying it at the highest point of the bell curve.

If I was interested in this car or the era of this car I would rather spend $8,000 or $12,000 on a nice well maintained 50,000 mile car.  $60,000 is just way too much for such a common car.

We will likely never know how much this car eventually sells for, which I'm always curious to know. 
CLC 35000 in number only

Eric DeVirgilis CLC# 8621

The most common high condition Cadillac survivors of the 1970s have to be the 1976 Eldorado Convertible and 1978 Eldorado Biarritz/Custom Biarritz Classic. A great many of these were bought new and put away in the expectation they would become high dollar collectibles being the "last" of their kind and the market is saturated.

Nowadays, the most perfect low mileage original '76 convertibles in the best color combinations can command $50,000/+ while the '78 BZ/CCs with the same criteria tend to top out around $30,000. Values would likely be very different if the survival rate on these cars was more typical as other vehicles of the same era. 
A Cadillac Motorcar is a Possession for which there is no Acceptable Substitute

J

Cadillac got me!!!