News:

The changes to make the forums only allow posting by CLC members have been completed. If you are a CLC member and are unable to post, please send the webmaster your CLC number, forum username and the email in your forum profile for reinstatement to full posting and messaging privileges.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: Clewisiii on Yesterday at 10:26:24 PMOne other note. Until you have driven an EV. It is hard to understand how instantly quick and responsive they are.

It does not even matter the size. My old boss took an electric semi truck around a test track and did not realize he was also pulling a trailer.
That brings up other issues.

One of having so much acceleration amongst most other vehicles on the road that if not sensibly used, problems can occur.

Plus, when towing trailers, one has to be aware of what they are doing.   

Having all this power is not good for the inexperienced drivers that want to show off to their friends, then they complain that they are getting range anxiety because they don't realise that they have to suffer the loss of range because they are needlessly pushing the limits.

Bruce. >:D
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 11:24:26 PM
Water transfer decals are superior to the sticker type. 
General Discussion / Re: 1960 exhaust manifold
Last post by 60eldo - Yesterday at 11:01:11 PM
       BTW Im trying to install the engine with the motor mounts on, but the studs on them are getting in the way. May half to take them off, and install them after the engine mounts, to the trans
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Early Hydra-Matic Transmis...
Last post by TJ Hopland - Yesterday at 10:59:10 PM
I don't think we know if the issues is its too thick or too thin for the hydraulic parts or if its too sticky or too slippery for the clutch and band parts so you just have to try both and see which helps. I think that is one of the interesting things about ATF, it kinda has to be all 4 things at the same time.
For Sale - Cars / Re: WTS: 1964 Sedan Deville
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 10:52:49 PM
Have an interested party coming to look at her next Friday out of Tucson
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 10:51:36 PM
Yes to gaskets unless you want it to sound like a 1920s tractor
General Discussion / Re: The Real cost of operating...
Last post by Clewisiii - Yesterday at 10:26:24 PM
One other note. Until you have driven an EV. It is hard to understand how instantly quick and responsive they are.

It does not even matter the size. My old boss took an electric semi truck around a test track and did not realize he was also pulling a trailer.
Last post by The Tassie Devil(le) - Yesterday at 10:06:01 PM
The only time Gaskets should not be used is when the parts are brand new, or after machining.

The Gaskets are supplied in the gits to allow for the imperfections and unevenness of old and worn parts.

Exhaust Manifolds are designed to slip and slide as they go through the heating and cooling cycles, which is why they have at least one hole that is the same size as the retaining bolts, (for locating) and the rest are larger, to allow the slippage.

Another reason why the heads of Manifold Bolts has a flat washer instead of a spring washer.

For Sale - Cars / Re: 1937 Series 75 Fleetwood, ...
Last post by J. Skelly - Yesterday at 09:42:53 PM
You don't mention whether there is structural rust in addition to the surface rust on the body.  I think there is still a bit of structural wood in the body on the 75 series that year.  What condition is it in?  If all of that is sound, someone may want to use this car as the basis of a restoration instead of one they own with the issues I mentioned.   
One question I do have is regarding infrequent use of EV's.

How long would it be for the batteries to self-degrade when the vehicle is only being used say to go to church on a Sunday?   Or for short journeys to the shop and back?

Everyone is talking about Range anxiety, but what about the opposite?

Lastly, I cannot see myself buying an EV, simply because of the expense, plus my own cars (ICE) still look very nice, which is why I purchased them in the first place.   And, are appreciating in value.