News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1939 Cadillac Lasalle

Started by helmut1945, September 30, 2011, 12:43:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helmut1945

Anyone know where I can purchase headlights with turn signals in them for a 1939 Cadillac LaSalle?
Thanks

Classic

I'm not aware of any that would look right. However, there are these:  http://www.speedwaymotors.com/speedway-tri-bar-replacement-headlights-w-amber-turn-signal-lens,25099.html    Of course, with the headlights on, you wouldn't be able to see the turn signals anyhow.  Best bet would be to get a pair of bumper bracket mounted fog lights and use them as turn signals.
Gene Menne
CLC #474

C.R. Patton II

Hello Mr. Jahny

I'm sure you have a wonderful beautiful LaSalle but could you possibly share the reason for adding turn signals? Oncoming traffic can occasionally have difficulty with our authentic  vintage vehicles. Some countries mandate reverse and signal lights for safety precautions. Understandbly, additional directional devices will enhance your visibility. I will be attending Hershey next week and I will investigate options for you.

All good men own a Cadillac but great gentlemen drive a LaSalle. That is the consequence of success.

Fred Zwicker #23106

Here is how I added turn signals to my 1939 LaSalle.  Another way to do this is to mount some amber signal lights inside the side grilles. They will be almost invisible except when activated, and should do the job for you.

My turn signal lights were made from backup lights from a 1941 (maybe it was 1946 or 1947) Cadillac and look period correct.I  See attached pictures.  I did not paint the bulbs amber but they look almost a light amber when activated.  We made brackets out of stainless steel.  Car won a Senior at the CLC Cherry Hill Grand Nationals in 2008 and there were no charges for these lights.

Bruce Berghoff may have these light fixtures - He can be reached at PO Box 34, Arcadia, MI  49613.

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com

Jim Beard

Nice job on those directionals Fred! They look great.

Fred Zwicker #23106

Thanks Jim,

I have a web site devoted primarily to the restoration of my 1939 LaSalle Convertible which has over 100 pictures. This might be good for a reference for those restoring a 1939 LaSalle.  See www.fzoldcars.com

Fred
1930 LaSalle Convertible Coupe, CCCA Senior
1939 LaSalle 2-Dr. Conv.  CLC Senior in 2008
1940 Cadillac Series 75 4 Dr. Convertible
1947 Cadillac Series 62 Convertible Coupe
1948 Cadillac Convertible - modified by Holly (driver)
1966 Cadillac DeVille Conv. Restored - Red
See Pictures at www.tpcarcollection.com