News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1969 Wipers not parking correctly

Started by Rudolph Nicholson, Today at 04:06:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rudolph Nicholson

Hi members, 

I have a question regarding the parking position of my wipers on my 1969 Cadillac Fleetwood Brougham.
Recently the wiper motor stopped working. I bought a brand-new wiper motor manufactured by Cardone from Rock Auto.

Upon installation we noticed the wipers do not park properly. They stick out above the hood.

When turning the wiper switch on they retract into the parking position below the hood briefly and then start operating normally. When turning the switch off they stop at the bottom of the windshield but does not retract into the park position.

On reactivation of the switch the same process described above repeats itself. At times the wipers park and unparks erratically and then eventually settles into the normal wiping mode. We have tried to adjust them to no avail.

Is there a specific adjustment procedure to follow?

Thank you in advance for any advice

Rudolph Nicholson