News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Quote from: klinebau on Yesterday at 03:08:34 PMIt looks like the brake hose threads into a block that is probably an inverted flare or AN fitting.  Neither of these types of fittings use a crush washer to seal.  The seal is made with the shape at the end of the threaded part.  I would presume that if it is bottoming out, then it is properly sealing.  If you can show us a detailed picture of the end of that threaded part, we can confirm.
[/quote
    I had the same questions on a '65 last year. There is no copper washer needed on that "T" block. The taper of the hose compliments the inverted flare taper in the pocket in the "T". One is brass; one is steel. Tighten it up and it shouldn't leak. Extra threads may be exposed; no problem.    Joe G
Restoration Corner / Need someone who restores guag...
Last post by Nannini - Today at 01:39:35 PM
I am looking for someone who can restore gauges for a 1934 V-16 Cadillac.
For Sale - Cars / 1966 Deville convertible EV co...
Last post by jwwseville60 - Today at 01:34:56 PM
OK you electric nerds! This is for YOU.
White/red.
1.5 million lb ft of torque.
Giant wheels.
Slammed to the frame!
Painted on tires.
Mother of pearl steering wheel.
No PARK option in tranny. Who needs that?
You'll need to charge this rig at an atomic power plant to keep it going.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1966-cadillac-deville-32/
@Clay,
Quote from: Lexi on Today at 12:16:03 AMBut wasn't the extra bladed fan 6 vaned (if memory serves)? Would have to pull mine out to be sure as it never made it to the '56 MPL, but was there in the 1957 parts list but with some changes made to it, (and a new part #).

Ooops as always you are correct the fan blade is/was indeed a 6-blade unit part # 146 4740 addressed under the Serviceman Supplemental #3 in August 1956.

Yes, the MPL also shows the 6-blade fan for 1957-1958 A/C cars part # 146 8887 and later supersede with the 7-blade release for the 1959, however none was listed under the MPL for the 1956. 

Quote from: Lexi on Today at 12:16:03 AMI am inclined also to agree about the fan shroud. I have never seen a '56 Cadillac with what I thought was a contemporaneous one. The few I have seen were all much later and adapted to fit. There may have been a rubber strip that better sealed the hood when closed to the top of the radiator support, but not sure if there in 1956. Do you know if it was there that year Jose? It was sort of a one dimensional poor mans radiator shroud in a way. Just one strip of rubber.

Same here I've not seen one with a shroud but from memory I believe same as you that someone had adapted/modify one from a later model to fit the 1956.   

Correct the only thing was the strip of rubber staple on the hood to restrict the air flow around the top of the radiator.

Quote from: Lexi on Today at 12:16:03 AMDiscussions like this used to pop up in the old Mid Century Cadillac site (and CLC Chapter). Lou Commisso the Administrator noted that "factory only" items if MPL listed, could be ordered and installed later by, well anyone including the dealer. So in other words the term "factory only" may not always be true.

Yes I've also recall the same topic we discussed in the old Mid-Century site and it was very-very lengthy with several good views/finds from members.
Yes. It's indeed a second fluid coupling for the second and fourth speed.
Want To Buy - Parts / Re: 1941 Cadillac front fender...
Last post by harry s - Today at 10:52:46 AM
The 61, 63 & 67 Series front fenders interchange. Try Larry Lawrence in Texas.
Harry
General Discussion / Re: Maurice Hendry Passed Away
Last post by J. Skelly - Today at 10:27:35 AM
I really appreciate all of the effort Maurice put into his great Cadillac book.  It set a standard for all automobile books. 
I have already banned the offending registration, that is why it does not show up in searches

Stefan
Technical / Authenticity / Re: Another ill transmission
Last post by TJ Hopland - Today at 10:13:44 AM
So those parts are more or less supposed to be one unit?