News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, which the board has delayed until May 15th to give users who are not CLC members time to sign up for the club, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale - Cars / Re: 1959 Cadillac Flattop FOR ...
Last post by Big Fins - Yesterday at 02:54:50 PM
Me either, but the right side of my head sure took a beating. I'm used to climbing in and out of either a Peterbilt or an F-150. Lotsa head room in both.
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 02:33:06 PM
Quote from: Big Fins on Yesterday at 11:45:56 AMI banged the side of my head so many times on my Sedan de Ville. That lower flat top has to be a real head banger.

Too bad there are no interior shots.

Is the roofline really that much lower than the other models? It's always looked great to me being long and low, but I've never seen one of these sitting next to a 2 door so I can't tell.

Rick
For Sale - Cars / Interesting History 41 Cad fo...
Last post by marty55cdv - Yesterday at 02:31:00 PM
  I spoke to the owner of this car last year he was looking for advise on keeping or selling pricing etc, it has been in the same family since new, if I remember correctly a son before heading to war urged his parents to buy a new car in anticipation of manufacturing stopping. It has been handed down since then. I have no idea how to value that sort of history but also understand the value is really only to the original family. To most its a car that needs restoration.

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/listing/1941-cadillac-61-groton-ct-2790799
General Discussion / Re: Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Carfreak - Yesterday at 02:27:50 PM
Never been to Macungie but Hershey would be your better choice over Carlisle.
Restoration Corner / Re: Carl 61 Fleetwood Phyllis
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 02:22:41 PM
I could use help like that every now and then. Problem is no school close enough. Good idea though.

Rick
Restoration Corner / Re: 1969 Cadillac DeVille Proj...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 02:20:54 PM
  Definitely looking much better now. I wish mine had looked that good when I owned it.
 Great job, if it runs half as good as it looks it'll be great.

Rick
Technical / Authenticity / Re: 1956 dealer installed AC s...
Last post by Lexi - Yesterday at 02:12:20 PM
Greg that is fascintating. I was not aware of that. My original 1956 MPL lists tons of AC stuff and the use of the word "kit" is there several times. Was this basically just buying the same factory parts to install by the dealer separately, or was the entire system different? I might have some photos from years ago that showed a similar unit, but not sure of its age. It had a different looking evaporator in the trunk and no outside air scoops. Hope I can find some photos. Clay/Lexi
Technical / Authenticity / Re: '66 Eldorado correct rear ...
Last post by Cadman-iac - Yesterday at 02:11:18 PM
  Another possibility is that the new line has the wrong thread pitch/count per inch.
 If it's a metric thread it'll go in just so far before the threads bind. Double check the threads between the two for any differences.
 As for the hose being inverted/reversed, the front fitting should be a female thread, the tubing nut goes into it so inverting shouldn't be possible.

Rick
Last post by Cadillac Jack 82 - Yesterday at 01:51:52 PM
Might be Dover White which is a very light cream
General Discussion / Swap Meeting Advice
Last post by Neecy1219 - Yesterday at 01:49:18 PM
Greetings all,

I need some help with which is the better swap meet to attend if I am looking to sell parts for early 30's Cadillacs.  My Father used to attend Carlisle, Hershey and Macungie. Sadly, he is no longer with us so my sisters and I are trying to determine which would be best.  Any input would be greatly appreciated.  Apologies in advance if I am not posting this in the correct forum.