News:

Please note that, while reinstating users, I have noticed that a significant majority have not yet entered a Security (Secret) Question & Answer in their forum profile. This is necessary for a self-service (quick) password reset, if needed in the future. Please add the Q&A in your profile as soon as possible

Main Menu

51 sdn wiring question

Started by Al Smith, March 26, 2005, 09:41:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al Smith

Im installing an aftermarket harness in my 51 sdn.
My question is on the steering column wiring. I mismarked 1 or 2 wires & am not having much luck figuring out my mistake with the factory diagram.
So we have 2 sets of 3 & 1 lone wire at the top of the column and the horn wire outside.
I got the turn signals done ok & the flasher. So 1 of the 2 left over wires is the stop light switch (?) I believe the last 1 in a group of 3. Is the lone wire horn power & the outside wire horn output? My head hurts.
HELP!!!! Al

Jeff Maltby 4194

Morming Al. Id call the harness company you purchased it from and ask them. I have a 1950 4dr column here with the harness intact less the wires are no longer attached up top. Ill take a look at it.

Jeff

Jeff Maltby 4194

Al. I just checked my 50 column harness. There are 2 groups of 3 wires coming up. All are still soldered up top. If I can help you via ditital pictures let me know.

Jeff

Jeff Maltby 4194

Al. A single wire should go to the tranny Quadrant pointer light.

Jeff

Porter 21919

Al,

Jeff Maltby is one of the foremost experts on 1949 Cadillacs, he has made it a lifelong obsession. I cant vouch for his knowledge of 1951 Cadillac wiring.

He would definitely make a great 1949 Cadillac judge at a GN, nothing would get past him.

LOL,

Porter

Al Smith

Thanks guys, I think I got it.