News:

Reminder to CLC members, please make sure that your CLC number is stored in the relevant field in your forum profile. This is important for the upcoming change to the Forums access, More information can be found at the top of the General Discussion forum. To view or edit your profile details, click on your username, at the top of any forum page. Your username only appears when you are signed in.

Main Menu

1959 Trunk "Vee" needed

Started by CoupeDeChille, September 14, 2009, 02:53:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CoupeDeChille

Hi,

I would like to find a decent replacement trunk vee emblem for my '59 Coupe de Ville. Would also like to find the vee that goes in the center of the back seat above the arm rest. Also would like the chrome grille center bar extension that goes under the headlites on the drivers side. Let me know if you have an extra and condition and price; details and pics directly to: sgrittinger@msn.com.

Thanks, Scott 303-641-0466

Otto Skorzeny

Go to the technical section and see the NEW huge list of Cadillac parts vendors. McVey's sells new one and many others have salvage cars.

John Morris is currently parting out a rust free '59.
fward

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for YOURSELF

HUGE VENDOR LIST CLICK HERE

CoupeDeChille

Jeffrey Burland

Hi Scott, I have the front bumper center bar extension (upper bumper ends) you're looking for. I'll email you directly, thanks, Jeff in CT
Jeff Burland, Just one guy with too many 54-76 restorables and parts to list
https://www.facebook.com/WillingtonCadillac/

59_limo

Original parts group opgi.com has these...  They are new in the game & I seen a lot of people be skeptical about them.  I bought the "FLEETWOOD" trunk bar letter for my '59 and am happy.   
Chuck Stoops aka 59_limo

XGLEGAL

As for the "vee" above the rear seat armrest, my understanding is that this area is "stamped".  I spoke with Jenkins and he said that the place they use for stamping has a different pattern than the one on my 59 CDV (there is the "vee" with various lines around it on mine).  I am having my whole interior redone.  Apart from waiting on SMS for MONTHS to provide enough material to get my entire interior done, I am also stuck on what to do with the area above the rear seat armrest.
  If anyone has any recommendations, I would certainly appreciate your input.  I may have to leave that armrest area in original and try to freshen it up a bit.  Thanks, Xavier
Xavier A. Gutierrez, Esq.  CLC # 24068
1957 Ser. 62 Conv.
1957 Eldo Biarritz
1957 CDV
1961 Ser. 62 Conv.

CoupeDeChille

Yes, the rear seat V may be stamped. Mine was great but when I had my interior redone, it lost all definition. I thought that maybe there was a V under the orig material to give it its shape and that I could do something with it to make it stand out again.

The Tassie Devil(le)

I think you will find that the material is Vacuum glued to the metal.

Bruce. >:D
'72 Eldorado Convertible (LHD)
'70 Ranchero Squire (RHD)
'74 Chris Craft Gull Wing (SH)
'02 VX Series II Holden Commodore SS Sedan
(Past President Modified Chapter)

Past Cars of significance - to me
1935 Ford 3 Window Coupe
1936 Ford 5 Window Coupe
1937 Chevrolet Sports Coupe
1955 Chevrolet Convertible
1959 Ford Fairlane Ranch Wagon